CPU Fan Error

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015
Hi. So every time now when I shut off my PC and turn it on again I get the CPU Fan error message. It started after i switched Ram slots and i think i might have been alittle to careless. Could I have inflicted some minor dmg to the Mobo? Its a Asus Maximus Hero Vii btw.

Is there a way for me to do a Mobo check or maybe a memory check to see if it all works 100%.

To "solve" or bypass the error i have to restart my PC until it lets me into windows. It dosent appear to be a problem with my CPU fans since my temperatures during gameing are low and stabile.

open up the computer and power on
if the CPU fan is spinning, it's probably some other issue
if the CPU fan isn't spinning it's most certainly broken
if it's spinning irraticly it's done as well

had the same problem once, didn't realize my fan was broken since my board had no warning
only after several hours everything started to lag and I noticed my CPU was @95°C

could also be that when changing RAM, you interfered with the CPU fan cable and it's not perfectly fitted on the header

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015

Its spinning and spinning well. I watch the CPUID HWmonitor and it has the CPU fan at 850rpm. Temp is between 55-60 with the cpu working in Turbo mode at 3.9 Ghz and in game.

I did not turn the PC off and then on again to see if the error came up.

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015

Checked it and its in place, fans are spinning now at 900rpm and temps are low. No risk of a meltdown then right?