Question CPU FAN ERROR

May 28, 2022
Hello, I recently connected my pc to a slightly old extension cord and I have connected that same one to an outlet in my kitchen since I was painting my room. It turns out that it gave me a POST CPU FAN SPEED error at boot time, then it started the automatic repair but it didn't go so I got an instability error. After the same PC connect it where it was usually located. Fix the fan thing bug and then go into safe mode to fix the files.

Do you think that the extension cord or the plug is the problem cause?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I don't think it was the extension cord but I am suspecting that the other outlet didn't have a grounding for your system, caused a static charge build up and an anomaly with your BIOS. Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version?

May 28, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I don't think it was the extension cord but I am suspecting that the other outlet didn't have a grounding for your system, caused a static charge build up and an anomaly with your BIOS. Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version?

Mobo is ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 with lastest bios and PSU corsair rmx 1000w +gold I bought it a few months ago

I never got that kind of error so I suspect that was it. I don't think it was a coincidence it was the first time I connected it there

ty