Question CPU Fan Error

Jan 5, 2023
Hello All,

New to the forum and hoping someone can help, I have just purchased a gaming PC before Xmas and it keeps popping up with CPU Fan Error press f1 for setup, this is the first time I have gone for liquid cooled so I dont know alot about them.

PC Specs
MotherBoard - ASUS TUF B550 Wifi
Corsair Hydro H100i Elite Capellix 280mm Liquid Cooler
AMD Ryzen 7 - 5800x
RTX 3080 PNY
32GB 3600mhz DDR4
1TB NVMe
Corsair TX850M 850W Modular Gold Certified

Now i have read on a few places when you use other products i.e. non corsair cooler it can sometimes struggle to pick up the true speed so thinks there is an error, however as its a corsair case and corsair cooler I dont think it would be an issue. I checked with the shop I got it from and they have suggested reseating the cable but its already secured.

Starting to get a bit annoyed as it wasnt a cheap machine and I dont want these errors everytime i start up! any suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Start by trying to learn more about both the error and the source of the error.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing related errors, warnings, or informational events.

Reliability History is much more user friendly so start there. Event Viewer:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Both tools can provide more details. However the details may or may not be helpful.

And, likely somewhat more tougher, determine what app, tool, utility etc. is popping up that CPU fan error. What is the source software?

Could be some related driver or utility/tool software.

You may also need to take a look at what all is running in the background to determine the source of the error pop up.

Task Manager and Resource Monitor may prove helpful.

Key is to first verify the source of the error. Second is to determine if the error is valid.

Hello All,

New to the forum and hoping someone can help, I have just purchased a gaming PC before Xmas and it keeps popping up with CPU Fan Error press f1 for setup, this is the first time I have gone for liquid cooled so I dont know alot about them.

PC Specs
MotherBoard - ASUS TUF B550 Wifi
Corsair Hydro H100i Elite Capellix 280mm Liquid Cooler
AMD Ryzen 7 - 5800x
RTX 3080 PNY
32GB 3600mhz DDR4
1TB NVMe
Corsair TX850M 850W Modular Gold Certified

Now i have read on a few places when you use other products i.e. non corsair cooler it can sometimes struggle to pick up the true speed so thinks there is an error, however as its a corsair case and corsair cooler I dont think it would be an issue. I checked with the shop I got it from and they have suggested reseating the cable but its already secured.

Starting to get a bit annoyed as it wasnt a cheap machine and I dont want these errors everytime i start up! any suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks
Reseating the cable.

Remove the fan plug from the mobo and then put it back on the mobo.