Jul 20, 2023
I have just built a PC with the following configuration :
ryzen 7 5800 - CPU
rtx 3070 - GPU
asus ASUS TUF X570- Mobo
Artic freeze II 360 AIO ,
Lian Li O11 - case.

Lian Li INF- FANS

I switched out the artic freeze stock fans with the lian Li fans, so i mounted the lian li uni fans on the radiator

Connections I Made: connected the Artic freeze fans to the Lian Li fan hub that comes with. And connected the aio connecter into the pump header upon booting i recieve a CPU Fan error and asks me to boot into bios tempatures seem fine at a steady 45c all fans are running and bios doesnt seem to detect the aio despite tempatures being good and everything running any solutions to this?

I have just built a PC with the following configuration :
ryzen 7 5800 - CPU
rtx 3070 - GPU
asus ASUS TUF X570- Mobo
Artic freeze II 360 AIO ,
Lian Li O11 - case.

Lian Li INF- FANS

I switched out the artic freeze stock fans with the lian Li fans, so i mounted the lian li uni fans on the radiator

Connections I Made: connected the Artic freeze fans to the Lian Li fan hub that comes with. And connected the aio connecter into the pump header upon booting i recieve a CPU Fan error and asks me to boot into bios tempatures seem fine at a steady 45c all fans are running and bios doesnt seem to detect the aio despite tempatures being good and everything running any solutions to this?
‚Anything connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That error is tied directly to the cpu_fan header. It's given by the cpu when the cpu doesn't detect any type of cooling apparatus with rpm over 200, basically it's the cpu trying to protect itself from ppl not hooking up a cpu cooler.

You can disable that reporting function in bios, it will probably come back with a bios update or at anytime you reset the bios to factory defaults.

Simplest way is generally to use that header for the aio feed, since the pwm output of that header is tied to the temp of the cpu, which none of the other headers are, but can be overridden by software commands. Or use it as the rear exhaust fan if the software is controlling cpu temp via a sys_fan header.

Reactions: CountMike

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
A few notes to help.

1. As pointed out above, you can disable the alarm for "failed" CPU_FAN by choosing to ignore it. BUT you need to pay attention to WHAT you need to ignore! In the BIOS Manual for that mobo on p. 36 I see that there are "Ignore" options in BOTH the CPU Temperature and CPU Fan Speed sections. I expect the one you should ignore is the SPEED one, not the temperature. Although the manual does not state this clearly, "Ignore" usually means BOTH that the item will not be shown to you AND that any alarms for failure will not be issued. You would NOT want the mobo to NOT monitor your CPU's internal temperature for excessive temp!

2. I could not find specs for the rad fans supplied with the Arctic system, nor for the Lian Li fans you substituted for them. So I cannot give you a definite answer on this. But it is important that the fans used on the RAD of your AIO system from Arctic be able to deal properly with the air flow resistance of a finned radiator. This is determined by the PRESSURE rating of the fans. Common CASE vent fans do NOT do this sufficiently, so using those on a RAD may NOT give you the cooling capacity you need.

3. You have your PUMP connected to the mobo AIO_PUMP header, and that is correct. That provides the proper power supply AND should also monitor the PUMP's speed signal for possible failure. In essence, that monitoring is what the CPU_FAN header is trying to do, too, with whatever is connected there. It is a bit confusing that the mobo does not automatically figure out that a proper pump speed signal at the AIO_PUMP header is enough. But you can fix that by setting the CPU_FAN header speed to "Ignore".

4. I cannot find details in the case manual of the fan Hub you say you used to connect the RAD fans from Lian Li. Ideally, those fans ought to be connected to the CPU_FAN header so that their speeds can be controlled automatically by the temperature inside the CPU chip. To do that normally one would connect those fans to some device (a hub perhaps) that gets its speed control signal from the CPU_FAN header via a cable from the Hub that plugs in there. Does YOUR Lian Li case fan hub allow you to make that connection? If it does, do that! Not only will the automatic control system work as designed, but also that header then WILL receive a valid speed signal (from the fans) and be happy that there IS real cooling of the CPU chip. Then you would not need to Ignore it. BUT is you do this, then ONLY the rad fans should be connected to that Hub. CASE fans need to be connected to a CHA_FAN header controlled by a different temperature sensor on the mobo.