[SOLVED] CPU Fan not spinning anymore?

Feb 1, 2020
So I have a Zotac GTX 1080 Mini and I have had it for about a year and recently one of the fans started to be extremely loud and not work right. I tried cleaning it off but that didn't work, I tried a lot of stuff but nothing would stop it. The noise just got so loud at one point. I finally got fed up with it and I Completely unplugged the fan and plugged in the other fan by itself. (Yes I have ordered replacement fans, but I still wanna use the PC). Now with the single fan plugged in it just doesn't spin. Is there a way for me to force it to spin or am I going to have to just wait?

mhtsgr9

Distinguished
May 26, 2012
Don't force it or it might damage the pins itself. What I did when I had the same problem was to zip tie a 120mm case fan to the GPU and connected it's wire to the PSU to make sure the GPU stays cool till I receive the replacement fans.

Feb 1, 2020
Don't force it or it might damage the pins itself. What I did when I had the same problem was to zip tie a 120mm case fan to the GPU and connected it's wire to the PSU to make sure the GPU stays cool till I receive the replacement fans.
For some reason it rests at 85 c. on idle. If It stays like that can I use it until my fans come in? Or is that too high for resting temps?