[SOLVED] CPU Fan speed only showing in BIOS, cannot be controlled or monitored within windows

Dec 16, 2018
Ive just swapped out my old motherboard (msi) and put in a ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E but unfortunatly ICUE/LINK4 are showing cpu fan speed at 0 and any profiles i set dont effect its performance. Sometimes it shows me RPM when the fans really get going but when they are idling it says 0.

The cpu cooler im using is a H100iGTX which you have 2 fan cables that piggyback onto the pump 3 pin cable which in turn is connected to the CPU fan header which i have done. When i initially booted it though bios was throwning an issue saying that no CPU fan speed could be detected so i disabled the fan speed monitor within QFAN as a way to get past this issue within bios.

Before you answer i have also tried to put the 2 cpu fan cables on the cpu fan header and the optional fan header and the 3 pin pump on the Pump io header. This worked without me having a no fan error and needing to disable QFAN however the same result occured within windows in that ICUE/LINK4 couldnt see any fan speed nor change its profile.

At the moment my fan profiles seem to still be controlled by bio's fan profiles.
Any help would be appriciated!

CPU Cooler: H100iGTX
Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E

Solution
Found the solution:
Make sure your CPU fan is set to 100% in bios if the pump speed is too low or the pump isnt getting enough power it wont report fan speeds and will degrade the pump.
Dec 16, 2018
Found the solution:
Make sure your CPU fan is set to 100% in bios if the pump speed is too low or the pump isnt getting enough power it wont report fan speeds and will degrade the pump.

Solution