Question CPU fan speed sensor crashes the system

Dec 10, 2022
I own a recent Clevo notebook with Intel i7-11800H and NVIDIA RTX3050 running Windows 11. It happens very often that when I power on the OS does not read the cpu fan revs, after a few seconds then an alarm starts and the pc is killed. Other times it happens instead that leaving the PC unused for 10 minutes triggers the same problem: deafening beeps and PC suddenly turned off. I tried to install the Clevo ACPI drivers but it didn’t fix it, the bios is up to date, what else can I do?

Lutfij

Titan
If the laptop is under, you might want to reach out to Clevo and see if they can replace the unit. If you're able to. I'd try and see if replacing the CPU fan(s) in your laptop changes things, provided you're well outside the warranty period for your laptop. Some brands don't like their end user tampering with the innards of the laptop, which is why I asked that you reach out to them if you're under their warranty scheme.

For the sake of relevance, can you include the model for your Clevo laptop and the BIOS version you're on for said laptop?

Dec 10, 2022
The laptop model is NH58HKQ, I flashed last 1.07.11 bios some weeks ago. I can try to replace the fans, but you really think that clould be a hw issue?