Question CPU fan very fast and very loud

Mar 28, 2024
Yo,
I have a Ryzen 5 3700x and the stock AMD wraith prism cooler.
With just google chrome opened, and a few light tasks, my CPU can go up to 55-65° and my CPU cooler runs at 2000 RPM, which is already pretty annoying and loud.

Now while gaming, I dont see my temps going that high. I tried for a bit with Monster Hunter World and the CPU peaked at maybe 75°, while staying mostly at about 65-70°. The CPU fan on the other end, easily shot up to 3000 RPM, with is extremely loud.

Im looking for help !
Thanks !

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Yo,
I have a Ryzen 5 3700x and the stock AMD wraith prism cooler.
With just google chrome opened, and a few light tasks, my CPU can go up to 55-65° and my CPU cooler runs at 2000 RPM, which is already pretty annoying and loud.

Now while gaming, I dont see my temps going that high. I tried for a bit with Monster Hunter World and the CPU peaked at maybe 75°, while staying mostly at about 65-70°. The CPU fan on the other end, easily shot up to 3000 RPM, with is extremely loud.

Im looking for help !
Thanks !
You should be able to adjust fan speed curve to max out at 80-85c , maybe even 90c which is still safe temperature for that CPU that tops at 95c.
If that is still to loud you need a better, aftermarket cooler.