Question CPU fan will not screw in

Nov 22, 2019
First build, and I am worried my CPU fan was screwed in wrong. I installed my AMD Ryzen 5 2600x and proceeded to put my AMD Wraith Spire cooler next, I was watching a guide and was confident it was aligned the right way. The screws does not want to screw into the back plate stands even when I was working on a hard surface with a rubber mat. I realized my mistake and loosened all screws but it just made matters worse. The only thing that is holding my cpu fan in place is the thermal paste and it seems way out of line with the screws just "levitating" off of the aligned stand off holes where they are supposed to be screwed in. Can anyone help?

Nov 22, 2019
I removed the brackets it's just that the cpu cooler is attached to the CPU already but the screws are way out of line after I initially screwed them in. Like I said it's like
*its levitating, even though its properly aligned. I am sorry I am also new here and I am trying to post pictures to better describe

You may have the cooler in the wrong direction. Not all motherboards mount the CPU the same way. Turn the cooler 45 degrees and see if it fits better (also from your pics I can't even say with 100% certainty that you are mounting the same direction as the video anyway).

Nov 22, 2019
Sorry for super late reply... but I ended up taking my parts and chassis to a family member who knew what they were doing :) luckily no parts were damaged and he took the cpu fan gently off and just realigned them properly. They actually were aligned properly in the first place, but I had to put firm pressure to align it which I was clearly not doing, due to misguided intention of destroying the motherboard. Thanks for all the helps and tips btw I really appreciate it.