Question Faulty CPU or motherboard ?

May 27, 2024
So yesterday i decided to take my cpu and heatsink out to dust it off, I did it and put it back in and connected the cpu fan cable pin back in.
I booted it up and my GPU fan ran at 100% and i was getting no display at all, any ideas for a fix?

I tried another GPU which did the exact same thing, i only touched the Cpu when i took it out, no bent pins or anything so it's all a mystery to me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Might want to pass on images of what your CPU's socket looks like(if you're on Intel's LGA platform or AMD's AM5 platform).

May 27, 2024
It's a very old build at this point, it works fine until a week ago when both screens went black but all the apps were still going and alt tabbing worked to remove the "blackness". Also had some error messages that said something like GPU was forced to restart, that crashed my games sometimes.
CPU: AMD ryzen 5 1600
CPU cooler: A stock AMD cooler that came with the cpu
Motherboard: b350m bazooka
Ram: 2x8 gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200 mHz
SSD/HDD: Hdd is a 1 tb seagate Barracuda , SSD 240 GB Kingston and a 120gb kingston
GPU: Evga GTX 980 and a spare Strix GTX 970
PSU: ocz z600sxs2 600w, I've had it forever, has to be around 10 years at this point.
Chassis: No idea it's so old at this point
Monitor:Benq gl2450 and Acer kg241Q

May 27, 2024
Ez debug led said it was CPU problem so i reseated and unplugged and plugged everything back in, blew away dust and still not working so will probably have to buy a new cpu

xibalban

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
Ez debug led said it was CPU problem so i reseated and unplugged and plugged everything back in, blew away dust and still not working so will probably have to buy a new cpu
Carefully and delicately remove the CPU and clean the CPU slot (I believe that the slot has contact pads and the CPU itself has pins) with isopropyl alcohol, after dusting off anything with a small handheld vacuum or pressurized can of air. Use a fine brush and not tissues. Cover and let it dry making sure no dust seeps in. Next, carefully inspect and straighten an bent pins on the CPU itself. You may require a magnifying glass to detect any bent pins. I like to use used up medicine pills' plastic strip instead of a needle or tweezers.

Next, carefully wipe off the thermal paste both from the cooler surface and the CPU surface. Let dry for sometime in a clean environment. Re-seat the CPU, apply a new dab of thermal paste and install back the cooler (fan) securely.

See if this works. If it does, immediately get into BIOS and monitor CPU temperature. Hope this helps.

May 27, 2024
Carefully and delicately remove the CPU and clean the CPU slot (I believe that the slot has contact pads and the CPU itself has pins) with isopropyl alcohol, after dusting off anything with a small handheld vacuum or pressurized can of air. Use a fine brush and not tissues. Cover and let it dry making sure no dust seeps in. Next, carefully inspect and straighten an bent pins on the CPU itself. You may require a magnifying glass to detect any bent pins. I like to use used up medicine pills' plastic strip instead of a needle or tweezers.

Next, carefully wipe off the thermal paste both from the cooler surface and the CPU surface. Let dry for sometime in a clean environment. Re-seat the CPU, apply a new dab of thermal paste and install back the cooler (fan) securely.

See if this works. If it does, immediately get into BIOS and monitor CPU temperature. Hope this helps.
Unfortunately it didn't do anything, I'm pretty sure it's dead at this point just because of all the things that happened the last week, black screen and blue screen of death, error messages. I mean it must be since i tested with 2 gpus and debug led said cpu still so