CPU for a 210 USD PC BUILD budget

rakigaboy

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
i wanna build a rig for a friend for a tight budget of 210 USD using this processor mainly for browsing and playing dota2(low-mid settings). Let me know what you think. and please suggest other builds too for this processor or maybe if you have a better idea show me what you built for 210 USD. ty

PS: the 210 USD budget will not include the GPU.

here are the parts that i gathered... http://pcpartpicker.com/list/d9MhkT

Solution

OP is buying an APU, and intending to use the integrated GPU.

Fair warning - integrated GPUs are very sensitive to memory bandwidth, so you'll want to run a pair of sticks for it to get dual channel.

Intel's HD530 is faster than AMD's integrated graphics, and a Pentium G4500 has a CPU portion that's around twice as fast as what you'd get in the 6400K. Although this adds $30 to your build, I think it's worth it for a number of reasons:

1) DDR4 support
2) Socket 1151 is a currently supported socket with great upgrade options
3) Much faster CPU...

OP is buying an APU, and intending to use the integrated GPU.

Fair warning - integrated GPUs are very sensitive to memory bandwidth, so you'll want to run a pair of sticks for it to get dual channel.

Intel's HD530 is faster than AMD's integrated graphics, and a Pentium G4500 has a CPU portion that's around twice as fast as what you'd get in the 6400K. Although this adds $30 to your build, I think it's worth it for a number of reasons:

1) DDR4 support
2) Socket 1151 is a currently supported socket with great upgrade options
3) Much faster CPU
4) M.2 support
5) Equal or faster iGPU

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/j7nzf8

EDIT: Take a look at this chart. The A6 6400K only has 35% of the shaders as the A10 7870K (192 vs 512), which can give you an idea of just how much faster Intel's graphics are.

intelhdgraphicsgenerations-1500x1000.jpg

Solution
I believe you've misunderstood the intent of my question, Ecky.

The point is if they already had a GPU then their suggested build would make sense.

If they didn't have a GPU, but had the budget already set aside, a different combination might be possible depending on the budget. Perhaps a different APU if wanting to stay with FM2+. Or as you propose, the integrated graphics of an Intel CPU.

With very tight budgets, there is a compromise. It's why some questions for clarification are asked.

rakigaboy

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

well... there is no GPU, he wants a build without it, he just wants to play dota2 and browsing. he might consider getting a gpu in the future but for now i think not.

rakigaboy

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

well i came up with another solution http://pcpartpicker.com/list/by4xsJ
this is pretty close to what ecky suggested, i just did a few changes in the parts
with the intel pentium g4400 he can upgrade in the future with i3 or even i5
plus the mobo supports ddr4 memory, what do you think?

The G4400 has HD510 integrated graphics, which wasn't on the benchmarks Ecky posted above. The suggested G4500 has HD530.

For a PC to be used for gaming, I think I'd prioritise the G4500 for the graphics and drop the RAM back to the 4GB Ecky has in their build. 8GB is preferable though, but you know how much you're willing to spend.