CPU frequency drop during Gaming!!!

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
My CPU frequency drops and then picks up again in gaming.

I have found that this causes stuttering while gaming and random frame drops while performing benchmark.

I have seen the frequency drops while testing using Fire Strike and also
using Assassin Creed Origins in game benchmarks, where i notice a lag and drop in frames per second reaching a minimum fps of 2.

I have checked the temps of my GPU and CPU all were good.

Strangely when connecting the outlet of my UPS to a digital stabilizer and then connecting my CPU with it seems to have solved this issue.

My PSU is Seasonic 620W and UPS is APC BX1100C-IN.

Note: Frequent fluctuations of power happens in my region where my home inverter switches to battery backup and then to mains for a brief moment.

What could be the problem in this scenario?

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It could be a power related issue, provided you've ruled out an OS corruption, your drivers are all up to date and that the tests previously conducted while not on the UPS were re-run while on the UPS. Also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update. Prior revisions of Windows 10 have been known to send the processor into weird fits.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017

My Config

CPU:i5 3570K (Hyper 212X)
Motherboard:Intel DH77KC
Ram: 2*4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
SSD/HDD: 250GB 850 Evo(Boot)/3TB Seagate Barracuda(2+1).
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 Oced (1480Mhz C.Clock & 2100 Mhz Mem.Clock) Latest Driver 18.10.1
PSU: Seasonic S12ii-620W
Chassis: Antec P8

I will check on the BIOS update.(Hope it is up to date since it's old).
My CPU is powered from APC BX1100C UPS which is connected to mains (All Time Scenario). This issue is solved when i connect my CPU to a digital stabilizer then to my UPS in-turn to mains (New Scenario).

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Found out the problem!!!:bounce:

It was the memory overclock in GPU, it was causing the effects of stuttering, at first it works fine but after some time the game stutters, i don't know the reason what happens to memory overclock dialing it from 2100Mhz to 2000Mhz
stopped the stuttering, i'm still working on the stability in memory OC.

Stupid Hynix memory wish i had Samsung!!:pfff: