[SOLVED] CPU fried?

Jul 26, 2020
Have a LGA 1150 asus system that I did a compressed air blow out. Added a Nvidia card and board was showing error with no post. Removed the Nvidia card and still no post, no beeps. Fans all come on including cpu fan,
My thought was bad board so ordered another asus (different model) LGA1150 board and just installed. On power up received 1 long and 2 short beeps and found memory speed was too high. Put in approved memory, turned on and have no beeps with new board showing green and all fans spinning.
Ideas? CPU?

Solution
Have a LGA 1150 asus system that I did a compressed air blow out. Added a Nvidia card and board was showing error with no post. Removed the Nvidia card and still no post, no beeps. Fans all come on including cpu fan,
My thought was bad board so ordered another asus (different model) LGA1150 board and just installed. On power up received 1 long and 2 short beeps and found memory speed was too high. Put in approved memory, turned on and have no beeps with new board showing green and all fans spinning.
Ideas? CPU?
Possibly the CPU is dead since you have done the proper troubleshooting already. Do you remember how it died. Usually the computer will turn off on it's own and what not. Put in video card connect power to it and if it...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ideas? CPU?
Possibly the CPU is dead since you have done the proper troubleshooting already. Do you remember how it died. Usually the computer will turn off on it's own and what not. Put in video card connect power to it and if it just turns on with fans spinning black screen and your sure the RAM is compatible and placed in proper socket then yes your CPU is dead sighs.... Maybe it is meant to be so you can get a new box and what not.

Solution
What are the make/model of the parts involved
What was there when all was well?
What parts did you add?
Did you ever remove the cpu from the motherboard socket?

Using air can cause fans on the cpu, gpu and case to spin up past their capability and get damaged.
It is highly unlikely that a intel processor goes bad.