[SOLVED] cpu getting 45-63c while idle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 23, 2019
My CPU (i7 6700K) is 45-63c while idling, is that normal? I have not applied thermal paste yet since i have only recently build it in

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
Yes of course not to be tried, I was making a point. But even dressing would provide better heat conductivity compared to nothing/air at least for a very short while.

There was this website back when that tried this actually. I'll post the link if I find it.

Edit: Here is the link.

plain white toothpaste works pretty well in a pinch, also provides PC with a nice clean minty smell.. lol.. but Id not recommend this at all , just know from experience it does work

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
plain white toothpaste works pretty well in a pinch, also provides PC with a nice clean minty smell.. lol.. but Id not recommend this at all , just know from experience it does work

Yeah, no, not recommending people to do this. As I said was just making a point that there's a reason thermal paste exists.

Yes actually that link I posted they tested with toothpaste too. I've done the toothpaste thing too once for a few hours on a Q6600, out of curiosity.