Question CPU getting hotter than it should, but AIO radiator blowing very cool air.

Sep 21, 2022
Hey there, I recently swapped out my dead NZXT AIO for an MSI one, done by some guys at a tech shop. It worked for a good 5 / 6 months with CPU Temperatures never going above 65 really. Now, randomly, my CPU temperatures are idling at 50 - 60, and it can go anywhere as high as the low 80's while playing games that I don't believe are that intensive ( CSGO, Overwatch etc ) . I have downloaded and tried a few different softwares to monitor my CPU temperatures, and they have all said the same thing. Sometimes, upon launching my PC, the temperature will be as high as 85 to even 100 ( Celsius ) At that point I turn it off, wait for it to cool, then relaunch, and only after that will it be idling at the 50 - 60 celsius mentioned above.

What's concerning is, the pipe carrying the hot air is hot to the touch ( as it should be ) but the radiator is blowing out very cool air. I have taken it to various PC shops around my area and they have all said the pump is not dead, and they cannot find the issue. Looking for some help here.

What's strange to me is why the temps all of sudden went from perfect toconcerning.

Specs :
Ryzen 5 5600x
RTX 3060 Ti
2x8 Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ
MSI MAG Coreliquid 240

Sep 21, 2022
yes, I believe so. That article would explain why my CPU is not being cooled effectively. Would be a shame to not be able to fix it because I do not have the funds to replace it.

Sep 21, 2022
As it sits now, the CPU is idling at 50. However I just played a very low intensity game for around 15 minutes and it reached a max temp of 71. Some have told me this is not a concerning temperature, however I am still worried about why this has happened so suddenly, and if there is anything I can do to decrease the temps. I've tried undervolting, doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. The sediment build up article does match my symptoms though unfortunately.

Sep 21, 2022
Update, ordered an air cooler, going to get the warranty claim on the AIO. Not that it matters now but the guys at the shop checked thermal paste and everything, swapped it out and all.

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
You got an unlucky aio, that thermal are caused by deposids in the actual cooler on the cpu, never throw away the box with all the stuffs cause they could(if they accept the rma) ask you the rest or make you pay for it, they usually don t but it can happen.
Btw I m happy you have solved the problem, btw just mark it as solved