CPU,GPU,Memory usage went up after 1803 and 1809 updaes

Nov 5, 2018
I am not sure which screenshots an logs you would need to have some more insight into the issue. The problem is that even on a clean boot with all app closed my memory usage is over 40%. Using browser will make CPU spike to constant high usage even if it is chrome with a single tab open. Opening a game will make everything spike to the maximum. I have been playing an streaming dead by daylight since the premiere and even on very high I had stable 60 - 90 fps. Now I have drops between 50 - 3 fps. PC I working like a piece of junk even after a clear format and all new drivers installed.
What have been done:
1. mem86 test - no issues
2. hardware checked and cleaned
3. BIOS reset
4. drivers updated
5. all Microsoft updates installed
6 If that would help I can provide screenshots from process explorer and any test which could help

So,

1. Make sure you have the latest bios VERSION installed.

2. Make sure you have the latest chipset, audio and network adapter drivers installed according to the motherboard product page, NOT according to Windows update. For the chipset drivers, look to the Intel or AMD website for the latest drivers rather than the MB product page.

3. If it has been a while since you did a clean install of Windows, and you have been through several spring and fall updates, that would also be a good idea.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

As would doing a clean install of your GPU card drivers using the DDU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

Listing your hardware specs with exact model numbers would also be helpful.

Nov 5, 2018
Spec:
Intel i5 - 6400 Skylake 2.70GHz
Geforce 1060 Armor 3gb OC
Ram Ballistix Sport LT8 8GB
SSD 275GB Crucial MX300
motherboard MSI 150 PRO - VDH
Power supply VS Series VS450 450W

Windows installed yesterday from a scratch. Will try a clean install of GPU drivers. As for the Audio drivers newest i can install are from 26th of October. If there are newest my system is simply not accepting them, rolling to the 26th October drivers on its own.

Problems started around 30/31 of October

Provide Task Manager information on what uses up all that memory and cpu at start up, and screen shots of the Processes, Performance and Start up Tabs themselves, at startup and after the problem starts.

Since you reinstall there is no need to run an anti virus scan.

I also consider whether your system might be suffering some effects from the Update of Intel Micro code for security vulnerabilities. This has required several changes to bios and OS which have slowed machines down somewhat.

download and run rammap https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/rammap
find the empty menu item and click on all of them. clear working set, empty standby memory.

reboot and test again.

It is hard to explain what to look for. I recently looked at a system that had a nvidia support driver that was using over 1GB of virtual memory. (should have used 300 kb)
these can be detected when looking at a kernel memory dump.

you need to find out what memory is being use.
virtual memory, pool memory or non paged pool.

each type points to different causes.

you can also change the memory dump type to kernel, then google "how to force a memory dump using a keyboard" make the registry setting. your next memory dump will be a kernel dump. if the system uses too much memory you force a memory dump with the keyboard. then the memory usage can be examined in the memory dump.

you should also check the status of build 1809. see if it still is available.
(I have it installed but it was pulled after I got it, not sure of the status of the build)

it will just get the system to be more like a clean install state. programs you ran months ago will not be loaded in standby memory just in case you might want to run it again. in theory it should not have any effect, it just means that if you did a full memory dump the memory dump would be smaller.

Nov 5, 2018
Done it, but the system is still running on 60 - 70% usage. I was thinking about the drives issue but all of them has already been updated to the latest version after format and new installation of windows of 4th of November.

Colif

Win 11 Master
whats usage like if you close chrome?

your motherboard doesn't use Killer internet drivers so that is 1 easy solution off the cards. It could be a memory leak except they normally only touch ram, not GPU and CPU as well.

Have you done any AV scans? yes, I know its a clean install but do you have more than 1 drive on PC? If you anything like me you have 2 hdd and use second for storage, its possible you reinfect self by loading an old file. Just a thought.

google how to force a memory dump using a keyboard. make the registry change.
then change the memory dump type to kernel

let the system run for a while, when it looks like it is having problems. then force a kernel memory dump and provide c:\windows\memory.dmp file. I can take a look in the windows debugger and see if there is something strange using excessive memory. the file is pretty big so you will have to put it on a cloud server, share it for public access and post a link.
make sure you windows updates have been installed, just to avoid finding problems that have already been fixed.

Nov 5, 2018
Randomly disable intel sound driver from the BIOS level and it works like a charm right now (at least GPU and memory usage is proper) Only one issue is still bugging me. Before the patch warhammer total war II on very high with lots of options maxed was taking about 50-65% of cpu in the heat of battle. Now usage of cpu jumps between 20 - 90% and I am not sure what can cause such differences.

Windows 1803 and 1809 updates both left my SupremeFX sound broken on my Hero VIII. I still haven't been able to get it to work right using the only apparently good driver for it from the motherboard page. I wouldn't be surprised if your sound driver was causing the entire issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master

look up nahimic on these forums, DB... their is a problem with the drivers on both Asus & MSI motherboards and it all seems to stem from nahimic. Do you use sonic studio? Seems its tied into realtek drivers as well.

Turning off fast startup can reduce some of its bad actions. One thing it does is floods the Ctrl V command with errors and fills temp folders up with rubbish reports