CPU has bent pins?

elomrani.adam

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Hello. I had a computer that ran an AMD fx-8350 Processor. I got a new I7 7700K, but I was dumb enough to not realize AMD mobos do not work with Intel CPUs. However, after I found out, I tried to re-install my old CPU, but it didn't want to go in the socket. I realised I bent some pins, while trying to straighten them I broke one off so I lost hope. Yesterday, I just bought a new CPU (AMD fx-8350) and tried to install it, it fit in. I was really relieved, but then when I tried to put my liquid cooler in, it litteraly somehow twisted and ripped the whole CPU out of its socket. It bent TWO pins, it's only two. but I do not want to try and fix it (afraid I'll break it off) My stupid cooler is the thing I cannot install, and more over I don't even know the model of it so I cannot look it up, (it is a Corsair liquid cooler with a round connector) Any suggestions of what I can do now? (I returned the i7 so I can't buy a whole new mobo)

UPDATE: My cooler is most likely the Corsair Hydro H90 140mm.

Solution
Coolers have mounting brackets which will differ for different chips. So amd requires a different set from intel.
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h90-140mm-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler
Pages 6-8 show you amd specific parts and their installation.
For bent pins, yes you can straighten them carefully...with a set of pointed pincers, gently (don't pull on them) grip them near the top and slowly straighten into the same shape as pins around it.

Sedivy

Estimable
Coolers have mounting brackets which will differ for different chips. So amd requires a different set from intel.
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h90-140mm-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler
Pages 6-8 show you amd specific parts and their installation.
For bent pins, yes you can straighten them carefully...with a set of pointed pincers, gently (don't pull on them) grip them near the top and slowly straighten into the same shape as pins around it.

Solution