Question CPU has too many handles

Oct 28, 2019
I have noticed my laptops CPU has much more handles than any other computer that I have even when its utilization is at 1%. My specs are:

Intel Core i7-720QM (Windows 10 reports it as "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz"

4.00GB of RAM

Dual boot with Win 7 and 10 (I use win 10 more) ( Win 10 version 1903 os build 18362.418)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

2X 320GB Hard Drives

Reference from: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02002359

InvalidError

Titan
Handles are just intermediate representation of resource allocations, nothing surprising about having a large number of 'em if you have a couple of things open. I went to have a look at how many I had and mine are at 224k. Can't say how (ab)normal this might be since I never paid attention to that stat since Windows 3.x (or was it 9x?) where the handle cap was 65535.

Oct 28, 2019
Handles are just intermediate representation of resource allocations, nothing surprising about having a large number of 'em if you have a couple of things open. I went to have a look at how many I had and mine are at 224k. Can't say how (ab)normal this might be since I never paid attention to that stat since Windows 3.x (or was it 9x?) where the handle cap was 65535.
Thank you for the information. I see my handles are quite fine compared to yours :)

TRENDING THREADS