Question CPU heatsink/fan solution for Asus Z590-P ?

Sep 9, 2022
Hello all,
i am looking for a cpu heat sink/fan or more specifically a better one to keep up with heat output. Currently i am using a stock intel cooler for the lga 1200 socket.
however the problem
im running into is that all the fancy heatsinks i am buying from 3rd party dont wind up fitting for one reason or another even tho they are rated for the socket. the last heatsink i bought was the be quiet rock and it stright up didnt fit any which way i tryed .
it kept getting stuck on the ram or something near the cpu area.
Does anyone know of a better cooling cpu fan heatsink that they know works in this board?

Do you have a traditional tower case? What brand and model?

If you do, the width of that case will limit the height of any possible cooler.

Can you spend 30, 60, or 100 dollars?

Will you buy this cooler in the US? Lithuania? Uganda?

What are your current temps under a good load?

Are you pretty much indifferent to fan noise?

Sep 9, 2022
Do you have a traditional tower case? What brand and model?

If you do, the width of that case will limit the height of any possible cooler.

Can you spend 30, 60, or 100 dollars?

Will you buy this cooler in the US? Lithuania? Uganda?

What are your current temps under a good load?

Are you pretty much indifferent to fan noise?
I am in the US

I have a full tower case, plenty of room.
I think it's the phantek open air? Or something like that, it's vented on top bottom front back.
So as of now when I'm playing a game and mind you I don't have a power house gfx cardnvida 960, my cpu way out shines it. I'm hitting low 70s depending on game.

But the reason I know this cooler cannot handle the chip it running a simple file scan like anti virus or searching as one does I hit 90 easy. Which I'm not ok with.

I'm looking for a 50-70$ range and I don't care about noise, this fan runs at forced 98%above 45 because I know there's more power then cooling here

I am in the US

I have a full tower case, plenty of room.
I think it's the phantek open air? Or something like that, it's vented on top bottom front back.
So as of now when I'm playing a game and mind you I don't have a power house gfx cardnvida 960, my cpu way out shines it. I'm hitting low 70s depending on game.

But the reason I know this cooler cannot handle the chip it running a simple file scan like anti virus or searching as one does I hit 90 easy. Which I'm not ok with.

I'm looking for a 50-70$ range and I don't care about noise, this fan runs at forced 98%above 45 because I know there's more power then cooling here

I cannot find any info whatsoever on a Phanteks Open Air case.

Therefore, if it exists, I have no idea about how tall a cooler it can accept.

Case height doesn't much matter.

The case spec sheet should state the maximum acceptable cooler height...but it's an unknown case as of now.

Better quality coolers are usually in the 155 mm or taller category.

But maybe they won't fit your case...because I can't locate any info on it.

There are some good ones under 70 dollars. But they may not fit.

More info on case needed.

In the meantime, you can think about Noctua or Be Quiet or Deep Cool coolers. Or maybe others.

Sep 9, 2022
I have tryed a be quiet rock I forget if it was 1 or 2 because I sent it back, it said it fit the LGA 1200 and it fit in every way expect there wasn't enough clearance from a component of the board itself.

I'll try looking what case it is but the problem for me is that almost any somewhat normal heatsink will fit in the case it's just a headache ordering coolers that say they fit but then find contradictory information saying it doesn't fit, then to get one to not have it clear something by a 1 or 2 mm

Sep 9, 2022
It's a phantek 300a mesh case I believe, or something very close in that lineup of that series
a remember correctly it was the heat sinkon the board or ram depending on which way the cooler was turned that was blocking it by a mm or 2.
The stock Intel fan fits in the footprint so I ethier need something with the same footprint that fits or that has enough clearance that gets above everything

https://phanteks.com/Eclipse-P300A.html

Look at the above link.

Is that it?

If yes, it can accept coolers up to 165 mm tall.

There are a lot of candidates under that limit.

Since you have clearance issues, I'd go to Noctua web site and look for their compatibility lists for motherboards and coolers to confirm no clearance issues.

Some of their coolers by design do NOT exceed the same footprint as the original Intel cooler

Others may overhang that footprint, but the lists will tell you if your RAM or other motherboard components might be too high.

Look at Noctua U9S or U12S or U14S. Not sure what they are priced at now. But they have dozens of coolers with full specs on all of them.

I don't think you can find a Noctua twin tower cooler for 70? But you might find other brands if you need a twin tower.

What CPU do you have?