[SOLVED] CPU High Temps?

Oct 23, 2019
Hi I recently purchased a newer processor, i5-9600k Coffe Lake. It runs games amazing, just was kinda curious on the temps, it sometimes gets high enough (89 degrees Celsius) or maybe higher. I have turned up my fans to max speed to see if I could push the air out. The CPU has not been overclocked, and I do not really plan to. Hyper 212 Evo is the current heat sink I am running. Was just wanting some opinions. Is it safe to run at these temps should I be worried?

Hi I recently purchased a newer processor, i5-9600k Coffe Lake. It runs games amazing, just was kinda curious on the temps, it sometimes gets high enough (89 degrees Celsius) or maybe higher. I have turned up my fans to max speed to see if I could push the air out. The CPU has not been overclocked, and I do not really plan to. Hyper 212 Evo is the current heat sink I am running. Was just wanting some opinions. Is it safe to run at these temps should I be worried?

Those temps are high and almost at throttle/pc shutdown point.

What kind of thermal paste are you using?

Have you tried removing the cooler, cleaning, and reapplying paste and making sure everything is seated properly?

What kind of case cooling do you have?

Reactions: Lanebarber
Oct 23, 2019
Those temps are definitely in the danger zone for long term survival of the chip. I would reapply thermal paste and ensure there is enough mounting pressure for the cooler
Thanks done all of this and received better temps, went ahead and ordered new thermal paste mine was a little older I had left over but temps are much lower now 60-65 degrees 72 max so far!

TRENDING THREADS