Question CPU hits %100 for a second randomly causing pc to glitch

ozkeleshakan

Commendable
Mar 30, 2018
I have Dell G5 15 SE with Ryzen 5 4600H , i am having that issue no matter what i am doing on system, its happening randomly on windows daily use either (chrome, steam UI, while working on office programs). Weird thing is during gaming it didnt happened even if i play RDR2. Problem seemed related windows to me but still unable find out. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to get into BIOS and see which version of BIOS you're on for your motherboard. If the laptop has updates pending with a number of updates, gradually work your way to the latest. Always be sure to run the executable in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You can see what you need in terms of support from their support site, here. Just be sure to input your Service Tag and you should see a list of available downloads. For BIOS, you can click on older versions to see prior versions(and to locate the version that you're currently on).

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? You should ideally be on version 20H2.

Reactions: ozkeleshakan

ozkeleshakan

Commendable
Mar 30, 2018
Thanks for your answer. I have BIOS and the drivers up to date on latest. Windows also updated to 20H2. Its quite annoying having this issue wihout any load on system.