cpu package 40 to 42 c
cpu core 1 38 to 40 c
cpu core 2 39 to 43 c to 47 c
cpu core 3 40 to 45 c
cpu core 4 40 c

is that normal
no overclocking

I heard cpu i5 3570k can go to 80 c without any proplem

also please is it right that if the temp went so hight the cpu will shut down to protect itself?

my motherboard
Motherboard Name Gigabyte B75M-D3H

stock cooler
thank for your help

That's very warm but very possible with the stock cooler. What's the ambient temperature in the room?

Yes if the CPU gets too hot it will throttle (underclock itself) to produce less heat. And if its still too hot it will shut down to prevent damage.

I'm using the same CPU but with a NZXT X40 140mm liquid cooler. My cores idle 35-40 degrees. Ambient temperature about 28-32 degrees and very humid.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
What country are you from?
What case is it housed in?
When was the case last cleaned?
Is your Tower in a well ventilated area?

Some of the questions you need to consider when you are assessing whether temperatures are too high. To me - those temps are fine. During the Summer i get much high idle temps than that but thats because my room becomes a sauna.

And yes your machine will automatically shut down if it reaches a certain temp. Something would seriously have to go wrong for that to happen though. Dont worry yourself.

garryash

Distinguished
May 16, 2012
Temps look fine to me. I have same CPU with stock fan in an Asrock MOBO and your temps are almosy identical to mine. I have a Bitfenix Alpha case with 1 input fan at base and output on back and top. Even when running video processing software the temps dont go over 55.

Superkoopatrooper

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Dude those temps with the stock cooler in the summer are perfect and you have nothing to worry about. If your still worried use a program like realtemp to monitor the temp in the background. you can set it up so it sets an alarm off when the temp passes a specific threshold you can set yourself. something like 97c would be perfect. That way you can throw the just built a pc anxiety out the window. I believe it throttles at 100c.

If your cooler is clogged with dust get it cleaned. Use canned air can to dislodge dust and than vacuum all the crap out. Just be careful not to spray much/too close because the stuff is cold and condensation can short electronics.

Also can consider giving it a new application of aftermarket thermal paste, although getting rid of the old paste off the CPU is tricky and best left to a someone experienced. Also might not be worth it for a stock cooler unless absolutely necessary.

No danger here. You are fine. In warm conditions my i7 4770 reached 42 at idle. While it crossed 75 under load. This with stock cooler. But now I'm using Noctua NH-U14S. At idle, temps are 35 while at load they are 65.

Don't worry here. If you suspect temps are getting on a rather very high side, buy any aftermarket less expensive CPU Cooler and lower your CPU's temps.