Question CPU (i7 6700-Non K) not turbo boosting.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I just installed it, and to my surprised it isn't turboing at all, I'm checking individual clocks on hwinfo and they all stay at 3.7ghz, all 4, I ran both Aida64 and Prime95 on Blend and max it reaches is 3.7 on all cores. I made sure turbo boost is enabled in BIOS and also enabled Intel SpeedStep. The only thing that I'm having doubts about is EMTTM, as Turbo Boost in the BIOS says I also need to enable EMTTM, but I can't find EMTTM anywhere in my BIOS, so at this point idk what to do to make it turbo boost.

My specs are:
CPU: i7 6700
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 8GBx1 2133mhz (2400mhz but limited by CPU)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti
Motherboard: Asus Z170M-Plus
PSU: don't really know the model, it's a Gigabyte PSU, 500 watts

P.S. also if it means anything, the cpu does downclock when it's not underload, the frequencies of the cores are not stuck at 3.7, 3.7 is the max it does despite it saying that its max is 4.0ghz on a single core

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
So, in case anyone finds this thread in hopes to fix the same issue, deleting the "Processor" folder located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ did the trick, now my CPU is boosting normally and c-states are enabled.

Reactions: uWebb429