[SOLVED] Cpu Idle higher than usual after playing horizon zero dawn

Jun 27, 2021
Hi, My cpu on idle usually is 35-45c after playing horizon zero dawn it becomes 55c - 61c and running at 4,2 ghz all the time (max clock boost 4,4 ghz)
which is pretty weird because other game doesnt cause this problem
any help?

Cpu: intel 11400f
Cooler : Deepcool Gte V2 with corsair ll120
2 intake 140mm fan, 1 outake 140mm fan, and 1 outake 120mm fan

Solution
How long did you let it run before the game (to get idle temperature) and after the game (to get back to idle temperature)?
It could take 15 mins of sitting at a blank desktop to get the actual idle temp of your CPU and probably longer to get back down to idle once you stopped playing.

Horizon Zero Dawn seems to use up to 8C 16T so it will put your CPU through its paces. My guess is that it really works your CPU and you didn't wait long enough to get the actual idle temp and/or wait long enough for your CPU to cool down afterwards.
How long did you let it run before the game (to get idle temperature) and after the game (to get back to idle temperature)?
It could take 15 mins of sitting at a blank desktop to get the actual idle temp of your CPU and probably longer to get back down to idle once you stopped playing.

Horizon Zero Dawn seems to use up to 8C 16T so it will put your CPU through its paces. My guess is that it really works your CPU and you didn't wait long enough to get the actual idle temp and/or wait long enough for your CPU to cool down afterwards.

Solution