Question CPU input voltage too high?

Jun 8, 2024
I've been getting high CPU temperature's. They're started going up for some odd reason. I thought it was thermal paste, so I changed it, but it didn't help. I went to bios checked and I saw that that input voltage was +3.520 V ?. I turned on pc checked on "Open hardware monitor" (photo) View: https://imgur.com/a/AKsUwXM

I have B85M-G and intel core i5-4570 16gb ram geforce gtx 1660

View: https://imgur.com/a/jS8xaFg
(bios).

Is it bad reading or what? Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
3v vccin would fry a cpu in seconds. Vccin is the voltage that hits the voltage regulator which gets cut down for vcore and is usually @ 1.8v which is generally enough to cover vcore, vdroop and still allow the cpu to remain stable.

Vcore is showing as 1.7v, and thats well into stupid voltages that'll burn up a cpu. 4th gen should never be beyond 1.4v.

I can see one sensor going bad or be misleading, but vccin and vcore are not the same so something is way wrong somewhere

Reactions: 35below0
Jun 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
My Apologies, here is my specs.

Intel Core i5 4570 3.20GHz
Artic freezer 7 X
B85M-G motherboard
16,0GB DDR3
223GB Patriot Burst Elite SSD
465GB Seagate HD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Windows 10
LG monitor
Gps 750c PSU) it's like 2 almost 3 years old

Jun 8, 2024
3v vccin would fry a cpu in seconds. Vccin is the voltage that hits the voltage regulator which gets cut down for vcore and is usually @ 1.8v which is generally enough to cover vcore, vdroop and still allow the cpu to remain stable.

Vcore is showing as 1.7v, and thats well into stupid voltages that'll burn up a cpu. 4th gen should never be beyond 1.4v.

I can see one sensor going bad or be misleading, but vccin and vcore are not the same so something is way wrong somewhere
Should I just buy new cpu and be done with it?

Jun 8, 2024
How long has this been going on?

Is performance affected?

As to your question, this may be caused by the motherboard, so replacing a CPU could make no difference.

Is BIOS up to date?
its been going on for almost a month, i reseted PC thinking that will fix the problem, it didnt. And my pc performance dropped, for example i was playing LoL and from getting 200+fps as usually i was struggling to get 100, mostly 80-90fps. While playing games the CPU temp was almost always 100%. Yes Bios is up to date, i made sure of that.