Question CPU is between 50-60 °C while idle

Dec 30, 2019
Hello.

Since yesterday my CPU is always at higher temperatures without any stress on it 3-5% says the Task-Manager. I did not change a thing since the day before where the temperatur was still fine. I already replaced the cooling paste. This took of like 5° but it's still hotter as it should be.

Parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x + stock cooler
GPU AMD RX 5700 XT
Mainboard: MSI MPG 570X Gaming Edge Wifi
RAM: Corsair LPX 3200Mhz 16CL
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Crucial CT250MX500SSD1 250GB
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB
Power: bequiet! Pure Power 10 L10-CM-600W

Already searched for help on reddit, down below are is my Speccy

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/pydSwwaXa7yBUqBNvCKJsdN

-Marco

Last edited:
Usually when the temperature shifts all at once.....I look for things like......did the cooler shift? Is the cooler loose? Is the fan operating properly?

So I would check all these things.

Also....if you run with the case open....and the temp goes down significantly....this is a sign you need more case cooling.

Dec 30, 2019
Usually when the temperature shifts all at once.....I look for things like......did the cooler shift? Is the cooler loose? Is the fan operating properly?

Also....if you run with the case open....and the temp goes down significantly....this is a sign you need more case cooling.

My fan isn't shifting or anything. He's runing at around 3000 RPM.

After changing the cooling paste i left the case open. The 5° drop is thanks to the new paste and the open case. But there has to be a bigger problem i guess.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
i would recheck cooler if it is well seated on the base and not jiggling when fan goes on at 3000 rpm means fan try to cool off cpu and rin as faster speed it could go list all system parts in the case with is model not the full speecy list you have people wont read it

Dec 30, 2019

i noticed that i did not have the right chipset for my mainboard. After installing it's still around 45 in browsing and pushes to 55 and cycles between those numbers

Dec 30, 2019
i would recheck cooler if it is well seated on the base and not jiggling when fan goes on at 3000 rpm means fan try to cool off cpu and rin as faster speed it could go list all system parts in the case with is model not the full speecy list you have people wont read it

I edited my post thank you. I just checked, when I try to wiggle the Cooler my whole case goes with it, so it seems fine to me