CPU Issues on new build

Oct 11, 2018
I just built a new PC for my step son and when I received the MOBO from Amazon i realized that it was used and had bent pins. I realized the pins were bent after i first installed everything. I sent the MOBO back and bought a brand new MSI MOBO. After i finished installing everything and powered it up, it was having the same issue it did with the first MOBO. It will only turn on for a second and turn right back off but if i unplg the power to the CPU it will stay on and fans spin. There is a Debug light on the motherboard and it is saying that the CPU is the issue. It's a intel i3 brand new CPU and I dont know how to determine where my issue is.. Please help i have to be done by Christmas. Thanks and God Bless!!

Solution

There's your issue, the H110 doesn't support the Intel 8th Gen. Change the motherboard to a Intel H310, easy fix. While the socket is the same only the H310,B360,H370,Z370 & Z390 boards support the 8/9th gen Intel's.

WildCard999

Titan

There's your issue, the H110 doesn't support the Intel 8th Gen. Change the motherboard to a Intel H310, easy fix. While the socket is the same only the H310,B360,H370,Z370 & Z390 boards support the 8/9th gen Intel's.

Solution
Oct 11, 2018

That must be it. Thanks i'm ordering one now. I learn something new every time i build a new one.

Thank you for your time