Question CPU light b450 Tomahawk max

Jul 28, 2022
I recently upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 9 5950x and it has been working great. I usually do video and photo editing with Adobe products so things can get really intensive which is why I upgraded.

The cable between my power button and power pins doesn't work anymore so I've had to jumpstart my pc for a month or so now. I've ordered an external power button to get around this issue, but thought I'd bring it up even though I don't expect it to be related.

The last day or so, my PC has crashed within a few minutes of startup. I can log in and start to work, but then the CPU light comes on. I've dealt with issues in other computers in the past, but having it work for a few minutes and then not work is something I'm unfamiliar with

Specs:
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
RAM: 64GB

Jul 28, 2022
I updated the BIOS when I installed the CPU.
I don't remember the PSU or GPU, and I won't be back home for a few hours
I've been using this setup for almost 2 months now.

Apr 23, 2022
CPU runs at 57C. I can play games, but if I start a render it crashes and turns the CPU light on

Do you have the CPU cooled? 57 C seems hot for idle, and could be crashing because its overheating. Reapply thermal paste, make sure fans are in the correct positions (intake in fronts, outtake on the back and top)