[SOLVED] CPU LIGHT - NO POST

Jan 4, 2021
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out

I turned my PC on recently as I normally would to find that it wasn’t booting, the system fans are spinning as well as the CPU fan however the CPU light is present on the motherboard. THE GPU fans are not spinning.

I have tried all the recommended fixes for this such as resetting the CMOS, taking the CPU out and changing the thermal paste, removing the 8 pin CPU cord from the motherboard and the same cords from the PSU and plugging them back in and playing around with the DIMM slots to ensure it’s not a DRAM issue however I still can’t bypass the CPU light and the system won’t post.

I wasn’t doing anything overly demanding on the computer the last time I used it (such as gaming) and I haven’t overclocked the processor so I’m not sure how it would be fried. The CPU did not have any bent pins and didn’t look burnt what so ever when I took it out and cleaned it.

Is anyone able to advise what else I could try? Or whether they think this could be the processor that’s gone or something else such as the Motherboard? I am currently unable to test the CPU in another system as I do not have anyone with an AM4 socket

Thanks, specifications below:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
PSU: Seasonic M12II-EVO 520W ( Just over 2 years old)
CPU Fan: Be Quiet! BK010 Shadow Rock Slim
GPU: MSI Radeon 5700
Motherboard: Aorus Elite B450 Gaming
RAM: 2 X Corsair 8gb RGB 3000mhz
2 X Corsair Vengance 8GB 3200mhz (Currently only using slots 1 and 3 due to DRAM issue previously)

Solution
Your PSU is underpowered for the entire build. It's also not the right unit for the build. You should source a similar brand's PSU but with at least 650W of power for the entire build. Per your motherboard manual, page 9, you should work with slots DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 or DDR4_3 and DDR4_4.

Lutfij

Titan
Your PSU is underpowered for the entire build. It's also not the right unit for the build. You should source a similar brand's PSU but with at least 650W of power for the entire build. Per your motherboard manual, page 9, you should work with slots DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 or DDR4_3 and DDR4_4.

Solution