Question CPU low multicore geekbench score i9 12900ks

Jul 6, 2022
while im playing my games im seeing the clock speed drop to around 2700mhz and I'm sitting at anywhere between 70-88 degrees while gaming the cooler I'm running is the nochtua ndh15s

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is the bios up to date? Chipset driver installed? Cpu still not running at the correct clock speed - at least on the P-cores.

Almost 8 out of the 16GBs of ram is still in use - that's a lot, by the way. A little(closer to 4-6GBs) is expected to be in use, but not half of it.

KyaraM

Admirable
Hmmm. You run a 12900KS on a B660 board? Are you sure the board can handle the power demand of the chip and VRMs arenheat throttling? It definitely is throttling for some reason since the CPU score below shows that it is only running at 2.7GHz all core or something, as you also noticed in games. Also, did you check the power settings of the mainboard? Since it's a B-series board, it might power limit your CPU for some reason. If all of that is ruled out, update BIOS. If you don't want to mess aith that manually, my TUF Gaming laptop at least has a software tool for that.

Reactions: kanewolf

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That's because UBM doesn't know what E-cores are. It sees that huge discrepancy between P & E-core max clocks and flips out.
The 'cpu throttled by Windows' message pops up on literally all the 12th gens equipped with them. Disabling the E-cores stops that message from appearing.
That is right but it does read the correct turbo speed, the OP 2. Whatever turbo speed.

Same message but correct turbo speed.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54031114