Question Cpu memory controller problem maybe?

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
Hello first of all my specs
Psu corsair rm850x
Mobo msi b450 tomahawk max
Ram 4x8 ddr4 gskill tridentz 3600mhz gtzrx
Cpu AMD ryzen 3600x
Gpu sapphire 5700xt nitro+
256 gb ssd
1 tb hdd western digital blue

The story goes like this. I built my pc and at first i had 2x8 gb rams. At browsing and light gaming it was all good. Xmp on rams perfectly synchronize at 3600mhz. At heavy load like cod warzone or pubg pc random restarts. I thought it was the psu so i changed it. (i had a corsair Cx750 at the time). Before changing the psu the random restarts were almost gone and i thought it was some software problem but the New psu was on it's way. I installed the New psu and 2 more 8 gb rams of the same model. Random restarts started again and i thought that maybe there was not enough dram and soc voltage for four sticks of ram. I even tried lowering the frequency to 3200 with dram calculator. I used cinebench. At 4x8gb 3200 mhz i passed 3 cinebench tests and then i ran prime95 and there were many fatal errors. Then i tried the old pair of rams at 3600mhz and in cinebench it crashed. Then i tried the New pair alone and it crashed. And then i tried every ram alone at 3600 and it crashed. So after all these tests i believe that there is an issue with my cpu cache memory like it can handle frequencies more than 3200 something that is not normal because mobo and cpu are advetised to handle 3600 frequencies. Any ideas on that?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello first of all my specs
Psu corsair rm850x
Mobo msi b450 tomahawk max
Ram 4x8 ddr4 gskill tridentz 3600mhz gtzrx
Cpu AMD ryzen 3600x
Gpu sapphire 5700xt nitro+
256 gb ssd
1 tb hdd western digital blue

The story goes like this. I built my pc and at first i had 2x8 gb rams. At browsing and light gaming it was all good. Xmp on rams perfectly synchronize at 3600mhz. At heavy load like cod warzone or pubg pc random restarts. I thought it was the psu so i changed it. (i had a corsair Cx750 at the time). Before changing the psu the random restarts were almost gone and i thought it was some software problem but the New psu was on it's way. I installed the New psu and 2 more 8 gb rams of the same model. Random restarts started again and i thought that maybe there was not enough dram and soc voltage for four sticks of ram. I even tried lowering the frequency to 3200 with dram calculator. I used cinebench. At 4x8gb 3200 mhz i passed 3 cinebench tests and then i ran prime95 and there were many fatal errors. Then i tried the old pair of rams at 3600mhz and in cinebench it crashed. Then i tried the New pair alone and it crashed. And then i tried every ram alone at 3600 and it crashed. So after all these tests i believe that there is an issue with my cpu cache memory like it can handle frequencies more than 3200 something that is not normal because mobo and cpu are advetised to handle 3600 frequencies. Any ideas on that?
Four DIMMs and especially two sets of 2 DIMMs is not guaranteed to work together, especially at high clock speeds. Start by resetting the RAM speeds to default. Check CPUz and see if your RAM timings are EXACTLY the same on all four DIMMs. Even the same part number could be different.
Run memtest86 for a few hours at default (2133 or 2400) speed. See if you get any errors. You need a solid baseline before you can overclock anything.

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
Four DIMMs and especially two sets of 2 DIMMs is not guaranteed to work together, especially at high clock speeds. Start by resetting the RAM speeds to default. Check CPUz and see if your RAM timings are EXACTLY the same on all four DIMMs. Even the same part number could be different.
Run memtest86 for a few hours at default (2133 or 2400) speed. See if you get any errors. You need a solid baseline before you can overclock anything.
Thanks for your reply! I ran memtest even with 3600mhz no problem occured. Xmp synchronize all four rams at 3600 without a problem. The problem appears when under heavy load. But let this on the side. Forget about the 3 other ram sticks ant let's assume that i have only one 8gb ram sticks at 3600. The system crashes at cinebench even with only one stick thats the problem. I cant even use one or two sticks at the advertised speed. (my trident rgb gtzrx are 3600mhz)