[SOLVED] Cpu might be damaged?

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019
Hi! apparently I've upgrade my PC
CPU: Ryzen7 3700x
MOBO: TUF Gaming x570-plus wifi
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12s

Im not sure if i damaged the cpu or what but its running the PC build is running but my question is will it get damaged since i had a lot of trouble installing the cpu cooler due to wrong spacers and screwing one side (left) and probably applying unbalance pressure to the cpu.

im worried that it might be damaged. should i check the cpu or no? but everything runs fine for me but the voltage always hits up to 1.39 - 1.4v.
should i be worried on anything?

Solution
If everything is functioning properly, then it's unlikely you damaged anything.

As far as downward pressure on the CPU, you'd have to apply some crazy pressure to damage that way - more typical to damage pins from the CPU not being alligned properly etc.

For voltages, 'auto' do tend to be pretty high. Take a look for BIOS updates, which may address that.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

As far as downward pressure on the CPU, you'd have to apply some crazy pressure to damage that way - more typical to damage pins from the CPU not being alligned properly etc.

For voltages, 'auto' do tend to be pretty high. Take a look for BIOS updates, which may address that.

Solution

Saber19

Commendable
Dec 22, 2019

Thank you! will probably update the BIOS.