[SOLVED] CPU/Motherboard $200-300 budget build

Nov 30, 2019
Approximate Purchase Date: within the next week

Budget Range: 200-300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming mostly world of Warcraft nothing to major

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU and Motherboard

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I’m using Amazon and Best Buy currently open to suggestions for better deals

Parts Preferences: no real preference, I read Intel and Amd are sufficient for my needs

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: games: world of Warcraft, Warframe that’s about all I’m using it for at the moment but would like the option to play different games in the future

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I purchased an HP envy 700-056 in 2014 and I want to upgrade so I decide to build instead of buy a prebuilt. I have been replacing parts one by one and now all I have left is the mother board and CPU.

To give you an idea of how new I am, I put an SSD in last week and it blew my mind how fast my computer runs now. So I’m just looking for advice on a good CPU and motherboard to finish the build. I’m currently running an AMD A10 6700

• TDP: 65W

• Operating speed: Up to 3.7 GHz (up to 4.3 GHz turbo)
  • Number of cores: 4
  • Socket: FM2

And a Ms-7778 (JasmineR)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03782932

I’m considering a Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x or the Ryzen 7 2700. As for a motherboard I’m not sure, I was thinking an Asus ROG Strix x470-F

Honestly I’m at a lost on what would be the best choice, basically anything would be an up grade but I don’t want to spend $250 and realize I could have gotten something better suited for my wants for the same price. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong category, I’m also new to forums.