[SOLVED] CPU not booting on my PC but it does on my mates PC and his CPU boots on mine ?

Nov 9, 2021
Okay so im having a few issues with my PC, it's been broken a while and im just getting around too fixing it.

My PC wouldnt boot to bios although the fans would turn on etc.
I did some initial diagnostic tests and it all pointed to a dead motherboard so i replaced this, however it hasn't fixed the issue.

I used my mates cpu (Ryzen 7 3700x) and my computer boots, and when i use my cpu (Ryzen 5 3600x) on his it also boots? i dont understand that at all.

I failed to mention the GPU is installed and works on another system.

specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: Arous b450 pro wifi (itx)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf
Ram: 16GB XPG DDR4
SSD/HDD: unplugged currently
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x
PSU: corsair sf600 (<1yo)
Chassis: out of case on mb box
Monitor: generic 27" samsung (works)

using mates cpu bios= F51 (07/29/20)

Last edited:
Solution
Hi yes, I did and the motherboard was new yesterday. so it should have worked right out the box?

I'm so confused :/
Don't expect it to work out-of-box without a CMOS reset.

Also reset CMOS every time you change hardware...as when you swap CPU's or memory to test.

Also get your CPU straight. If you've a 5600x and you're board's BIOS is wrong it won't work until updating to latest. Your friends board might be updated so both his 3700x and your 5600x works in it even though his 3700x works in yours.

Update it with to the latest with his 3700x since he's nice enough to loan it. And be sure to reset CMOS after the update and you put your 5600x back in.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from you pertaining to the build. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: is this it?
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your motherboard working with your friend's RyZen 7 3700x, can you get into BIOS and see what your BIOS version is? How old is the PSU in your build? You forgot to mention the make and model of your discrete GPU. The processors you have don't have an iGPU on them so the rear display ports on the motherboard are useless.

Okay so im having a few issues with my PC, it's been broken a while and im just getting around too fixing it.

My PC wouldnt boot to bios although the fans would turn on etc.
I did some initial diagnostic tests and it all pointed to a dead motherboard so i replaced this, however it hasn't fixed the issue.

I used my mates cpu (Ryzen 7 3700x) and my computer boots, and when i use my cpu (Ryzen 5 3600x) on his it also boots? i dont understand that at all.

I failed to mention the GPU is installed and works on another system.

specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: Arous b450 pro wifi (itx)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf
Ram: 16GB XPG DDR4
SSD/HDD: unplugged currently
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270x
PSU: corsair sf600 (<1yo)
Chassis: out of case on mb box
Monitor: generic 27" samsung (works)

using mates cpu bios= F51 (07/29/20)

Have you reset CMOS? you should reset CMOS at any hardware change such as a CPU or motherboard.

Hi yes, I did and the motherboard was new yesterday. so it should have worked right out the box?

I'm so confused :/
Don't expect it to work out-of-box without a CMOS reset.

Also reset CMOS every time you change hardware...as when you swap CPU's or memory to test.

Also get your CPU straight. If you've a 5600x and you're board's BIOS is wrong it won't work until updating to latest. Your friends board might be updated so both his 3700x and your 5600x works in it even though his 3700x works in yours.

Update it with to the latest with his 3700x since he's nice enough to loan it. And be sure to reset CMOS after the update and you put your 5600x back in.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Nov 9, 2021
Hi sorry it's the 3600x got confused with the numbers, I just cleared the CMOS again and unplugged the battery for >1 min still nothing

i also updated too the latest bios

Last edited: