CPU not running as fast as it should be

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
I have an 860k and I believe temps are fine. While under load in a game like watch dogs 2 the thermal margin is about 38 C. Here are the rest of my specs

MSI A68HM-E33
8g ram single slot
rx 470 factory clocks
Deepcool gammaxx 400 cpu cooler (installed less than a month ago so I don't think its thermal paste)

CPU is also running at stock speeds. It runs at 100% at all times while playing games and never really goes down until I exit the game. If anyone knows anything to help with this problem please respond. If you need anymore info just respond back also. Thanks!

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
sorry, what is the exact problem

that it runs at 100% or that the game is slow on your cpu?

the temperature is perfecly fine

that cpu is slow and weak

that game is cpu hungry, it asks for more cores and threads, your cpu can barely handle it

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

The problem is that it does this with pretty much all games, even csgo, which I should be able to run just fine, and I used to be able to. Now when I try to play it I can barely hit 40 fps. I benchmarked with geekbench 4 and my multicore performance was about 2000 points under a couple other 860k stock speed benchmarks.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
ok, so you have a speed decrease problem

have you verified if there is any virus on the machine, have you checked hard disk for errors? any recent install of a weird app that might be slowing the system?

about the gpu, you don't mention which one is and if you have checked if drivers and settigns are correct

the rest of the specs could help here

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

I run malwarebytes every week or so and nothing comes up on there, haven't ran a virus scan in while so i'll try that. Hard drive is OK and haven't installed anything out of the ordinary.

GPU is the XFX RX 470 and I try to keep my drivers up to date from the AMD website. Here is the GPU I have. RAM is ddr3 1600mhz. Hope this info helps

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

I always remove the previous drivers and there is no overclocks on either cpu or gpu. Also the virus report came back with no errors so it's probably not a virus.

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

I do run ddu to remove the drivers.

GPU temps in CSGO, like I mentioned having problems in before, only went up to 58C or 128F and didn't go up any higher. The GPU is quiet and only gets loud if the temps go too high.

PSU is this one.
Mobo is this one
Here is the hard drive
And the RAM
Anything else spec-wise you would need?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
that is a low operational temperature on the gpu

the rest of the parts looks good to me

i can't think on a reason to see the sudden pwerformance loss you mention

on shot in the dark is try another psu to see if voltages are not being delivered properly

also sometimes a good bios reset on the motherboard helps

sorry, ran out of ideas here

fastone12345

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014

Alright well thanks anyway, gonna mess around in the bios to see if I changed something a few months back and see if I can fix it. Going to leave this thread open to see if anyone else has any ideas on how to fix it. Might just have to upgrade in a few weeks.