[SOLVED] CPU or CPU Fan shutdown

Aug 28, 2021
My friend just mounted a new cpu a cpu fan and ram. System boots and show the new cpu, but whenever he launches a game, the whole thing reboots. It only happens when launching games. Only tested with BF2042 and Warzone.

System:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: RTX 2060 6GB
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
MOBO: Asus Tuf A520M-Plus Gaming
PSU: Corsair CX750F RGB 750W
CPU FAN: Cooler Master MasterAir MA612 Stealt ARGB

Ive had him swap rams with old ones that we know for sure is working, but still the same problem. Also tried one by one at a time. Which leads me to think its the CPU. Ive sent him differnet driver links for the cpu and amd chipset (not sure if hes downloaded it though, he is not the best at computer stuff). Since the pc starts and runs smooth outside the games, it makes me wonder if it is a temperature thing? or something with the magnets or size of the cpu cooler?... Anyone knows?

Solution
... Also dont know if hes reset CMOS. is that the two pins that need to be "shorted" or connected for ten sec, or is it just removing that flat MOBO-battery for 10 sec or so?...

Yes it's shorting the pins. Just removing the battery may work but shorting the pins is a good idea too. If you just remove the battery leave it out a long time to be sure...maybe even over night.

You need to try to get a USB to update the BIOS to latest. It's rather important for 5000 series processors as they've made significant fixes since the launch. Also for Windows 11 compatibility.
I take it he's upgraded from an older CPU?

First...has he updated BIOS to the latest for his board (v2423)?

Second, and probably most important, has he reset CMOS. That's essential for a hardware (CPU) change even if not updating BIOS. Swapping memory is another hardware change so you also have to reset CMOS.

Aug 28, 2021
Dont know if hes updated bios. He downloaded an upgarde from Armoury but not sure which version. Also, dont think he knows how to innstall the update (dont think he even owns a usb drive...). Also dont know if hes reset CMOS. is that the two pins that need to be "shorted" or connected for ten sec, or is it just removing that flat MOBO-battery for 10 sec or so?...

... Also dont know if hes reset CMOS. is that the two pins that need to be "shorted" or connected for ten sec, or is it just removing that flat MOBO-battery for 10 sec or so?...

Yes it's shorting the pins. Just removing the battery may work but shorting the pins is a good idea too. If you just remove the battery leave it out a long time to be sure...maybe even over night.

You need to try to get a USB to update the BIOS to latest. It's rather important for 5000 series processors as they've made significant fixes since the launch. Also for Windows 11 compatibility.

Solution