[SOLVED] CPU or GPU first

Feb 22, 2019
Hello. I want ask for advice. This is my gaming pc - i5-7600K, 1070gtx. What should upgrade first for better gaming expierence? (Want upgrade for 2070 or 2080 gtx and i7 9700k + with new MB for this procs)

Solution
First, would try DX 11 and DX 12 and see which performs better (12 has improved but I still prefer 11).

Second, try turning HPET off to see how your system behaves - it bought me >10 fps and super easy to do:

Third, check out Jackfrag's "tryhard" settings. This got me ~25-30 fps and this visual hit is relatively low:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oHOwKAyh0U

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Did you already try to overclock your 7600k?
With good coolings you can get some more power of it.
My 7600k did already 4.9ghz stable but since my water pump is broken i took my air cooler and pushed down to 4.7 ghz.
And when you can get a good offer on a i7 9700k grab it, actually they're expensive.
or you just wait for AMD's Ryzen 3000 which could be released in july.

What board do you have?

Feb 22, 2019
Did you already try to overclock your 7600k?
With good coolings you can get some more power of it.
My 7600k did already 4.9ghz stable but since my water pump is broken i took my air cooler and pushed down to 4.7 ghz.
And when you can get a good offer on a i7 9700k grab it, actually they're expensive.
or you just wait for AMD's Ryzen 3000 which could be released in july.

What board do you have?
MB - asus prime 270a, it was overclock'ed but not so "hard" like yours.

What games are not giving the framerates you want? What happens if you turn down the eye candy - does the framerate go up or stay the same? If it stays the same you are CPU bound so upgrading the GPU won't help a ton (but it will go up some).

If it happens to be Battlefield V, then yes a CPU upgrade is in order - 6 cores minimum/8 preferred, with 16GB RAM. And a GPU upgrade would be good as BFV is brutal on the GPU as well.

Still, with most games you should be hitting 100fps+ in a lot of games with a few tweaks.

Feb 22, 2019
What games are not giving the framerates you want? What happens if you turn down the eye candy - does the framerate go up or stay the same? If it stays the same you are CPU bound so upgrading the GPU won't help a ton (but it will go up some).

If it happens to be Battlefield V, then yes a CPU upgrade is in order - 6 cores minimum/8 preferred, with 16GB RAM. And a GPU upgrade would be good as BFV is brutal on the GPU as well.

Still, with most games you should be hitting 100fps+ in a lot of games with a few tweaks.
BF5 Lol you are spy or something. "Joke". Thx for information. I believe, i use same build, dont go for upgrade. atleast for now. BTW about what tweaks you talking about?

First, would try DX 11 and DX 12 and see which performs better (12 has improved but I still prefer 11).

Second, try turning HPET off to see how your system behaves - it bought me >10 fps and super easy to do:

Third, check out Jackfrag's "tryhard" settings. This got me ~25-30 fps and this visual hit is relatively low:

Reactions: ETGAA
Solution
Feb 22, 2019

i will try it, thank you