[SOLVED] CPU or GPU overheating causing Whea Uncorectable Error

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Good day to you. My problem is not so huge and frustrating, but whenever I play GTA 5 or similiar game, always after 5-10 minutes of playing that blue screen pops up. I have already "downclocked" my RX 470 (AMD) on Radeon Software and changed power plans to as low as possible for my AMD PHENOM (tm) X6 1090T processor 3.20 GHz. Any good help?

Solution
Well, I cant cause I dont understand those things very much. But while idling I get to 28 celsia. I am running GTA 5 on highest possible settings, to prevent it happining I can just decrease it, but if somebody has similiar problem and resolved it easy and quickly, I would appreacite that. I appreacite your reply of course tho.
Well it's hard to find a quick fix because that blue screen code is caused by hardware/driver failure, and it doesn't specify what exactly is causing it, however additional info could help, for example, did you buy the graphics card used? Because it could have been used for mining.

To discard any graphics card issue related, please check your power supply brand, model and wattage, are the power...

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Well, I cant cause I dont understand those things very much. But while idling I get to 28 celsia. I am running GTA 5 on highest possible settings, to prevent it happining I can just decrease it, but if somebody has similiar problem and resolved it easy and quickly, I would appreacite that. I appreacite your reply of course tho.

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well it's hard to find a quick fix because that blue screen code is caused by hardware/driver failure, and it doesn't specify what exactly is causing it, however additional info could help, for example, did you buy the graphics card used? Because it could have been used for mining.

To discard any graphics card issue related, please check your power supply brand, model and wattage, are the power connectors properly installed? Are you using molex to 6-8pin adaptor?

Something else that could probably cause this is the ram, please check what speeds are rated, usually is 1333mhz @1.5v so please try setting the defaults manually, do not let your motherboard auto handle it.

Programs you could use to get more info about your PC and diagnose better:
AMD overdrive
Aida64
Hwinfo
CPUZ
GpuZ
HwMonitor

Solution

ChangedNamedCz

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Thanks for your great advice I appreacite it. The graphics card is kinda new though. I made sure its all plugged in well and also plugged in the 6pin, theres a small white light on it. I will try to diagnose it as you said. But if its by my CPU, no such a huge problem for me to buy a better one. Cause the CPU I am using is very old. Once again, thanks for your valuable help!