Cpu or Gpu

Mar 20, 2018
Hello guys, i have decided to ask you a question about fps in csgo, im on my old pc i3 550 4gb ram and gt 430 graphics card, i wanted to upgrade to XFX Radeon HD 5850 .
I am curently playing on 640x480 all low with 130 fps with drops to 30 when near smoke.
Will i see any fps improvements with new graphics card?

Solution

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
I think that your i3's integrated GPU will preform slimier to your gt 430, that's how poor your GPU is. Your CPU is pretty decent, would be better it was Quad core. faster GPU will defiantly improve fps but i recommend getting a more recent GPU as older more slower GPU are more expensive then modern faster GPUs

The 550 does not have an integrated gpu.

Also what game are you talking about?
Upgrading from a really old weak card from back in the day to a really old high end card from back in the day is not a good plan really.

Mar 20, 2018

Oh sorry if i didnt mention , im talking about Counter Strike Global Offensive, i need improvements only in that game

First we need to know your psu in detail. Model, name,... also 4 more gb of ram will help quite a bit.

Mar 20, 2018

To be honest i dont really know model and name, its 230v scrap, my main concern is will it be able to support new gpu. Thanks for answer.

PS. About ram, motherboard has only two slots and 1 is not working, i have 1 more stick of 4gb but i cant install it.

An hd 5850 is really power hungry and needs a good 500w psu to supply it.
Honestly in your case I would just go to ebay and get a core i5 2400 or better dell tower and use that. Those are about 100$ and will perform better all around. Later on you can add a gpu if need be.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS