[SOLVED] CPU over heating alert and running on higher voltages

Nov 29, 2020
Hey , I'm using MSI MPG B550 gaming carbon WiFi with Ryan 5 3600x and Corsair cv 650 as power supply , MSI Rx 570 armour oc. My CPU stuck on 0.53-54 GHz i checked everything and everything is fine and drivers are up to date . I've tried changing power plans but nothing worked and then i came across dragon center my CPU core temperature was 35°c and CPU socket temperature was over 110°c , CPU fan was running on 38% . CPU core voltage was 2.4v which wad 1.3v (i did not do any over clocking) , CPU NB/soc voltage was 2.4 as same as the core voltage, and dram was 4.08 i think these are not good voltages to handle . When i open BIOS it says over heating alert please insert you CPU cooler and thermal paste properly (it's a stock cooler) i did rechecked the cooler was seated correctly with good amount of thermal paste but it says the same . Please help me ASAP

Solution
Nothing is burning but me . It's so annoying to look at my new pc like that , i changed thermal paste reinstalled CPU and cooler , cleared CMOS , reinstalled cables, updating bios,drivers . Nothing really helped.
You are getting wrong data or possible bad sensors. Nothing on that system can work like that.
Hey , I'm using MSI MPG B550 gaming carbon WiFi with Ryan 5 3600x and Corsair cv 650 as power supply , MSI Rx 570 armour oc. My CPU stuck on 0.53-54 GHz i checked everything and everything is fine and drivers are up to date . I've tried changing power plans but nothing worked and then i came across dragon center my CPU core temperature was 35°c and CPU socket temperature was over 110°c , CPU fan was running on 38% . CPU core voltage was 2.4v which wad 1.3v (i did not do any over clocking) , CPU NB/soc voltage was 2.4 as same as the core voltage, and dram was 4.08 i think these are not good voltages to handle . When i open BIOS it says over heating alert please insert you CPU cooler and thermal paste properly (it's a stock cooler) i did rechecked the cooler was seated correctly with good amount of thermal paste but it says the same . Please help me ASAP
That's some mess you got there, most numbers you are quoting are either impossible or something would burn up !!!
Use HWinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ for more accurate readings

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
By the numbers you've posted above, I am sure it is something to do with the thermal paste, especially if the CPU cooler is working properly. Please see if you can get rid of the issue by replacing it with a new thermal paste.

If this doesn't solve the issue, it is definitely the VRMs messing up or something.

Let me know if replacing the thermal paste solves the issue!

Nov 29, 2020
Yes i replaced thermal paste with arctic Mx 4 nothing is flinched . At a point it boosted CPU to 4.3 ghz on stock and after a minute it stuck on 0.53 ghz again , never changed after that . May be my mobo is broke . It's showing wrong information on everything

Nov 29, 2020
That's some mess you got there, most numbers you are quoting are either impossible or something would burn up !!!
Use HWinfo https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ for more accurate readings
Nothing is burning but me . It's so annoying to look at my new pc like that , i changed thermal paste reinstalled CPU and cooler , cleared CMOS , reinstalled cables, updating bios,drivers . Nothing really helped.

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
Well, it's most certainly something to do with the motherboard. Either the sensors aren't working properly or there's something broken on the PWM side.