Cpu over heating

BigTspc

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Have new cpu cooler corsair h60. I installed following game performance issues and over heating . Was using asestek 550. My computer is now blue screening temps start around 40 and sky rocket to 90 in a few min. I have reseated cleaned and reapplied arctic silver 5 past using pea dot meathod . I cannot tell if my pump is working. My blue screen has been whea_uncontrollable_error. I cannot seem to get the temps down at all. My gpu runs at 27c resting . I use msi afterburner for temp reading and my cpu is an Intel I7-5820k. I have an 800 watt power supply . Any other information need I'll respond with asap. Need some help on this one thanks!

BigTspc

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I do not here any difference with the fans off. I tried plugging in and hearing the pump and unplugging with no difference. And the h60 is brand new. Maybe it's not getting enough power?

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
Your mobo only has one 3 pin header ? To test if its working properly attach a case fan the header you are using. Then post back.
If you confirm the header is working by using a case fan AND you are sure that the cables between the pump and the motherboard are secure AND if you really cannot hear anything that resembles a noise coming from the pump/radiator then we may be looking at a defective unit.

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
Yup, problem solved, it was indeed the 3 pin header that was the issue. I have had a h50 and now a H80i cooler and they both have made similar amounts of noise in terms of the pump :) Glad you do not have to return your cooler.

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015

as long as its a fan header you are fine :) . Glad issue is solved :)

monkey4sale

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
It most likely will make more noise until it reaches a target pump speed ( which is fixed by corsair) and then will level out i.e less noise. You should be good. Your CPU temperature will tell you all is well hopefully :)