CPU Over Temperature error when it shouldn't be.

r1chman10

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Recently when I boot my computer up, there's a 50/50 chance that I'll get the error in the title, so I went into the bios and found that CPU_Fan and Cha_Fan1 were big red bars.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/4hvvzk

As you can see, I don't think it is to do with my CPU overheating. It's probably something to do with the red bars.

Any way to fix this?

Solution
Basically your fans' RPMs have dropped below the default warning threshold. You can either adjust the fan duty cycle so it's minimum RPM is higher, or you can lower the alarm threshold. In Advanced mode, in Monitoring, look for Q-Fan settings. There should be an option for setting various RPM levels - select one that is lower than your CPU cooler fan's normal idle RPM.
Basically your fans' RPMs have dropped below the default warning threshold. You can either adjust the fan duty cycle so it's minimum RPM is higher, or you can lower the alarm threshold. In Advanced mode, in Monitoring, look for Q-Fan settings. There should be an option for setting various RPM levels - select one that is lower than your CPU cooler fan's normal idle RPM.

Solution