CPU Over Voltage Error

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hi guys. I want your help on this. I've had my setup for almost 4yrs now and suddenly i get this error. Checked the voltages via BIOS i got 1.584 but temps are ok. I want to know the reasons for this. I've read in some websites it might have been due to bent pins or something but I haven't manipulated it in anyway. I also have not tried overclocking my cpu because it's not capable. I did not have any recent hardware changes as well. I've tried reseting CMOS a couple of times but no go. Any help?

ASUS P8H67 M-LE
i3-2100 3.1GHZ
GeForce GTX 660
6GB RAM

Solution
This sounds like a power supply on the way out, what model power supply do you have? If you have changed no settings and this has just started happening then the power supply is the most likely candidate. It may not be able to deliver a stable voltage anymore and is causing voltage spikes with you components... this is bad.

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
This sounds like a power supply on the way out, what model power supply do you have? If you have changed no settings and this has just started happening then the power supply is the most likely candidate. It may not be able to deliver a stable voltage anymore and is causing voltage spikes with you components... this is bad.

Solution

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

It's a Coolermaster 500W PSU. So should I stop using my PC or is it fine if I continue using it for the time being while I look for a new PSU?

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Sorry about the slow reply. I can't say for certain this is a PSU problem but it sounds a lot like it. If it was me I would not use the machine because voltage spikes are bad news for computer components.

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

If I'm not mistaken, CPU voltage is set on 1.165V I can't manually decrease it any more than that. I used CPU-Z and CoreTemp both gave me the same readings. Do you think this is really a failing PSU issue?

AlfaM03

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

But its the BIOS that also says that I have the CPU over voltage error in the first place. I hope you're right. Where can I download this bro?

st3v30

Admirable
Man i think your motherboard is just having tons of issues atm.It is low end mobo with 3 revisions so if you get rev 1 you will probably after some time encounter problems.If you have a friend who have mobo with same socket LGA1155 ask him to allow you to test your CPU so you can see is it your mobo or your CPU problem here.