Question Cpu over voltage I need help

Mar 2, 2019
Just built a new pc although it included some used parts. Parts were tested sussesfully but as I went to install windows a cpu fan error and cpu over voltage error occurred. In th bios it showed voltages over 3v and had cpu temperatures at -1. Have no idea what to do so would appreciate help

Feb 14, 2019
to reset the settings on your cpu and its clock, take the small round battery out of your motherboard while your pc is off, wait a few seconds, and put it back in. this should reset all of the clock speeds and voltage for your cpu and fix the issue.

Feb 14, 2019
there is a small chance the cpu could have been damaged... but i would try taking the battery out and putting it back in first just to make sure you dont buy a new cpu if you don't have to.

Feb 14, 2019
Ok I will try that but I think it could be the cpu as it was dropped while trying to change thermal paste so I’m guessing it’s the issue.
Ouch... go ahead and try the battery but it may be the cpu if thats the case. even touching the cpu in the wrong spot can damage it... so if the battery doesn't work id look for a new cpu, definitely.

Mar 2, 2019
I’ve been using it like normal for the past few days as I didn’t know better but even in semi demanding games it seemed to stay cool (sub 65*c) and voltages seem normal all the time 1.3-1.4v

Feb 14, 2019
And more importantly will it damage any other components hoping I can upgrade just the cpu once I have money to spare
it shouldn't damage any other parts, but depending on your current cpu, what you upgrade to, and your current motherboard, it might not be a bad idea to try using a different cpu in the mobo (if you have an extra cpu) just to make sure its still working and if you need to upgrade or not.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I feel your pain. Every single part of my $600 pc was bought on ebay 6 years ago with the exception of the psu, mouse and keyboard. Cpu cooler, 3 weeks ago.. Again, ebay. And I've built well over 100 pc's for other ppl, only 1 for myself out of what they threw away...

Mar 2, 2019
Ya I bought all the parts used for 520cad (385$usd) sucks tho cause I took a lot of time to do so and finally managed to squeeze a good system in my budget only to break it😂lol so dumb

Feb 14, 2019
I feel your pain. Every single part of my $600 pc was bought on ebay 6 years ago with the exception of the psu, mouse and keyboard. Cpu cooler, 3 weeks ago.. Again, ebay. And I've built well over 100 pc's for other ppl, only 1 for myself out of what they threw away...
$600 is a dream to me... with that i could overhaul my pc for good xD

Mar 2, 2019
Ya was so dumb cpu was in the Mobo and when I went to take of the cooler to replace thermal paste which required a little effort the cpu popped out of the socket and fell on the floor :(