Question CPU Overclocking affects my gameplay hard.

Meidal11

Reputable
May 26, 2017
I know it sounds weird, but i'm almost certain now - after overclocking my CPU i became really, really bad on FPS games (shots that SUPPOSED to hit just wouldn't register). I know it sounds weird, but i tried it few times and i'm certain that when i OC my CPU (Ryzen 1700 no 3.8ghz), shots that i shoot, that suppose to hit, just won't hit.
Again, it sounds really weird but i'm really certain about that (had the feeling before that it's because of the OC but it made no sense to me, like, i overclock and shots won't register? how is that even connected?).
anyone have any idea what's going on ? it happens in ALL of the games (but especially felt while playing overwatch).
any idea? do i actually hallucinate ? eventhough i tested it and when my oc is not overclocked my shots does hit, and when it's overclocked they hit (you can see that the scop +shot is literally on the characters) but doesn't actually hit?
gtx 1080
gsync 2560x1440 144hz monitor
r7 1700
2x8 300mhz corsair vengeance
thanks, if anyone can open my eyes to what i'm doing wrong, i'd really appreciate it.

Meidal11

Reputable
May 26, 2017
What testing did you do to validate the stability of your overclock? What is your cpu temperature and speed (GHz) while gaming?
when gaming 3.79ghz, temp is around 50degrees (stable)
aida64, prime, the usual stuff
Does it also happen when you play something locally? Maybe your OC is interfering with your connection.
I dont play anything locally so i can't tell.
Update: maybe it's because of the ram boosting? (3000mhz~)
when the bios resets to basics, the ram boosting resets with it, i completely forgot about it. does it make sense that boosting my ram makes all of the stuff that i mentioned earlier? and if yes, why is that?

TRENDING THREADS