Question CPU overheating 0 RPM in BIOS

Jul 4, 2021
Hi guys I built my first pc yesterday after wanting to upgrade my old rig to a new pc. I’m kind of a rookie when it comes to this stuff and I don’t know what to do to fix it

The current specs of the pc are:
Lian li 011 d mini
Msi z490 tomahawk
I7 10700k
WD black m.2 500 nvme
Nzxt Kraken z53 attached with x2 Lian Li Sl120 rgb fans
x6 lian li Sl120 rgb fans = x8 fans
Rtx 3070
Lian li strimer cables x24 pin and x8 pin

I connected the nzxt kraken pump header into ‘CPU_FAN1’ , the sata cable into the power sata cable and the usb into ‘JUSB1’. I connected all the lian li fans into the uni fan controller with sata power and connected the two headers into ‘SYS_Fan2’ and ‘JUSB2’. The rgb for those fans I connected to ‘JRAINBOW2’

I turned on the pc and it posted into the bios which I was happy since it was my first pc build but having issues. After 5 mins of running into the bios it started to say ‘cpu overheating’.

the fans show 0 rpm and the cpu temperature was 100 degrees Celsius and the pump was also 0. I opened up the case and all the fans were spinning with rgb so was confused . I touched the pump and I’m not sure if it is working but I did feel some form of chugging but not sure if they actually working since in my old rig I would hear a water noise but this kraken I cant hear any noise. I touched the base of where the cpu kraken was and it was hot to touch after runnning 5 mins.

I tried finding solutions online such as disconnecting all lian li fans from the unifan controller while pc off and then reconnecting. I tried someone shaking the pump and turning the pc upside down to make the pump work. I tried downloading intel cpu inf.

the kraken and fans show on device manager and I can control the fans via the lian li l-connect software to which I can control the rpm and make the fans sound like a hoover or make it quiet and I can control the rgb but the cpu is still hot.

HWmonitor also shows my pc to which the cpu is like 100 degrees Celsius.

the only thing from the top of my head that I haven’t tried is maybe I put the kraken or the fans in the wrong header of the motherboard. Maybe I haven’t secured the pump to the cpu properly and tighten the screws even more.

Or maybe i need to redo the thermal paste cause I do remember I forgot to put the headers on the kraken so I had to like untighten the screws to put the usb connections in and apply it back. I ordered some thermal paste which is coming today so I will try that.

however the fans in the bios still show 0 rpm so I am confused and still cpu temps high. I tried a solution to put the fan to Pwm but still no luck. Since I connected all the fans to the controller I put the controller in SYS_FAN2 and went into the bios to put SYS fan 2 as pwm. I made everything pwm and rpm isn’t showing.

I also haven’t touched the xmp settings or messed around with the bios because I wanted to fix this fan and cpu overheating issue before I play around with stuff

Any help I would appreciate thank youuu.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How is the AIO oriented in your build? You might want to pair the stock fans that came with the AIO and see if that's what's causing the issue with the temps. The Lian Li fans aren't connected to a fan header on the motherboard, so how do you expect to manage them via BIOS? Outside of that, I'm also wondering if you forgot to remove the sticker on the cooling plate.

Jul 4, 2021

How is the AIO oriented in your build? You might want to pair the stock fans that came with the AIO and see if that's what's causing the issue with the temps. The Lian Li fans aren't connected to a fan header on the motherboard, so how do you expect to manage them via BIOS? Outside of that, I'm also wondering if you forgot to remove the sticker on the cooling plate.

This is how the orientation of the liquid cooler is and no i did not remove the sticker.

image0.jpg

Jul 4, 2021

Ive fixed the issue using this website :

I put the cable wrong way round

so happy I can now use my brand new spec pc oc to 5.2ghz :)))) with real low temps.