CPU overheating problem help?

Imz Deodex

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
Hello I have an intel core i7 3770k turbo clocked to 3.9ghz.

recently I was playing Witcher 3 and Battlefield 4. The latter ran fine flawlessly for 2 hours while the former crashed heavily in Novigrad. I monitored my temps using MSI afterburner it seemed to have reached 75 or possibly 80c! I have an intel stock cooler btw xD

Anyway it was like this... ram usage was like 5.6gb and then it was stuttering all over the place and temps was going crap the gtx 960 remained steadily at 67C and then... it FROZE... WITH A STATIC SOUND.

this was my second BSOD while using Windows 10 64 bit... the first one after Microsoft blatantly removed Windows 10 media feature pack which caused something to go crap... and now when I gamed it just froze.

So what I did was I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and reinstalled it without NVidia gforce experience and all of that bloatware except for the driver and PhysX program itself. I also have disabled intel turbo boost and I have noticed that my temps seems to have dropped 10c cause the max temps I have hit in Novigrad is now 70 instead of like 75 - 80. Ram usage also went down to 4.8gb... been playing the game at 48fps high settings 1080p in novigrad and outside is like 60...

any ideas how the F that BSOD occurred? PSU seems fine.

Btw I've did some memtest and hard drive check up for errors all came out ok. My MsiZ77mag45 mobo seems to be fine all is clean and no signs of solid caps exploding. WTF just happened?

Solution
It is either your cpu is overheating. Or that windows 10 is crap :D But it also can be a gpu driver issue. I been there i had to reinstall my whole system to get it back to normal.

rayzaldy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2015
It is either your cpu is overheating. Or that windows 10 is crap :D But it also can be a gpu driver issue. I been there i had to reinstall my whole system to get it back to normal.

Solution

Imz Deodex

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014

yeah I have reinstalled my drivers. I also am leaning towards bugs in W10.