[SOLVED] CPU overheating when gaming

Sep 2, 2020
Hello,

My CPU overheats when playing cs go, Dota 2 but works totally fine when playing MW2, MW3 and ADVANCED Warfare

already tried reapplying thermal paste and readjusting the HSF
temps climbed up to 74C then it shut down

CPU: AMD A10-5800k with Deepcool Gamma archer Radeon HD 7660D
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FM2A75M
Ram: 2x4 Hyperx
1T HDD

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Honestly, that CPU cooler is even worse than the stock cooler that the A10-5800K comes with. See if you can get a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and your temps should be better. Also, how is the airflow across the VRM's on the board?

Check and see that you've got the latest BIOS update for your motherboard as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Honestly, that CPU cooler is even worse than the stock cooler that the A10-5800K comes with. See if you can get a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and your temps should be better. Also, how is the airflow across the VRM's on the board?

Check and see that you've got the latest BIOS update for your motherboard as well.

Reactions: c2gino
Solution

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello c2gino,

I personally use the fortis 3 rgb, I love it. It is cheap and very good. Even better than some of the double priced options out there. There is also a non rgb version.

It comes with good thermal paste and keeps my Ryzen 5 3600 under 60 degrees even under full load, it also is very silent then. I would highly recommend it.

Here is a link for it: https://www.silentiumpc.com/en/product/fortis-3-rgb-he1425/

And i checked and the cooler works with your cpu(Socket Fm2) ;)

For more questions ask me :)