Question CPU overtemperature ? I think not

masoumi

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2014
hello
problem: My pc randomly restarts like 10 times a day and out of those 10 times 1 or 2 times I get the error message "cpu overtemperature please enter bios to set u blah blah"

to see if my cooler was bad, I reseated my cooler with new paste and tested the temps with Intel Burn Test on 100% cpu load, and I got a steady 90 degrees celcius and I get no restarts while I'm running the test.
btw my cooling is stock wraith cooler and my thermal paste is deepcool z3.
other specs:
ryzen 5800x
asus b550m_k
power is newly bought Corsair TX650m

So is the problem with my windows or my cooler ?
thank you guys in advance

hello
problem: My pc randomly restarts like 10 times a day and out of those 10 times 1 or 2 times I get the error message "cpu overtemperature please enter bios to set u blah blah"

to see if my cooler was bad, I reseated my cooler with new paste and tested the temps with Intel Burn Test on 100% cpu load, and I got a steady 90 degrees celcius and I get no restarts while I'm running the test.
other specs:
ryzen 5800x
asus b550m_k

The Wraith cooler is ok for the 2600, but is not enough to dissipate the heat output by the 5800X.

hello

other specs:
ryzen 5800x
asus b550m_k

Tjmax is 90c nut that's only throttling temperature, it must be hitting over 101c to cut out.
Wraith cooler is way bellow adequate for high loads and stock voltages, 5800x is pretty hot processor as it is. I'n having trouble keeping mine at or under 80c even with a 360 AIO cooler under full load. If you want full performance for that CPU, investing in better cooler can pay off big.
In mean time try controlling voltage with Curve Optimizer usual values are about -20 , mine can do -30 and that brought temps 5-10c lower.