[SOLVED] CPU passes every stresstest but bluescreen when CPU-Z validation

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Hey guys,

actually I'm having a different problem but when I was trying to validate with CPU-Z I'm getting a bluescreen.
So at first, I need to know why this happens before I can come to the next problem.
Every stresstest is just going fine, no temperatures over 72°C on average even if I stresstest for an hour.

This is my system:
Name: skrippi
CPU: i9-9900k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU Voltage: 1.295V
CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100*50
Clock Speed: 5.0GHz
AVX Offset: 1
RAM: Corsair 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0
Cooling: Watercooling Loop

threadapkxp.png

I did this OC guide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5XO96b4G0

And the following pictures show my settings in BIOS:

Solution
Question. Did you 'follow' the guide or did you 'copy' the guide, there's a difference. Every cpu is different, what works for one does not mean will work for all. Only the 'Theory' works. The exact numbers may not. So it's fine to bump the turbo to locked core 5.0GHz, but setting an exact 1.275v, with an exact LLC etc may not work so well if your cpu needs 1.278v at that LLC setting. Or you might get lucky and only need 1.208v instead.

You will need to adjust something, somewhere, tailor your OC to your cpu, because copy doesn't work.
Hey guys,

actually I'm having a different problem but when I was trying to validate with CPU-Z I'm getting a bluescreen.
So at first, I need to know why this happens before I can come to the next problem.
Every stresstest is just going fine, no temperatures over 72°C on average even if I stresstest for an hour.

This is my system:
Name: skrippi
CPU: i9-9900k
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU Voltage: 1.295V
CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100*50
Clock Speed: 5.0GHz
AVX Offset: 1
RAM: Corsair 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0
Cooling: Watercooling Loop

threadapkxp.png

I did this OC guide:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5XO96b4G0

And the following pictures show my settings in BIOS:

Have you ran small instructions on OCCT? Possibly too low of a voltage for sustained max load.

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
I think you didn't quiet understand my problem: under load everything is fine.

But when I click on "validate" in CPU-Z (no load at all) I get a bluescreen in windows.
When I revert back to default BIOS settings without OC it works again.

Edit:
Somehow you were right anyways. I ended up with 1.320 V and now it works.
Thank you very much!

Last edited:
I think you didn't quiet understand my problem: under load everything is fine.

But when I click on "validate" in CPU-Z (no load at all) I get a bluescreen in windows.
When I revert back to default BIOS settings without OC it works again.

Edit:
Somehow you were right anyways. I ended up with 1.320 V and now it works.
Thank you very much!

Maybe you can also help me with my next problem:
Well, you didn’t answer my question either lol. There are three different tests for OCCT and the option to run AVX or not for each. If running large instructions, you barely test the CPU. Testing with small instructions is needed to verify stability.

Reactions: skrippi

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Well, you didn’t answer my question either lol. There are three different tests for OCCT and the option to run AVX or not for each. If running large instructions, you barely test the CPU. Testing with small instructions is needed to verify stability.

Aaaah thank you so much. I have the newest OCCT which looks different to tutorials. So I have to choose "small data packages"? Because I don't have "instructions" anywhere. I think its called "data packages" now. Or do we talk about different things?
Also: do I need to run AVX for stability test or not?

Aaaah thank you so much. I have the newest OCCT which looks different to tutorials. So I have to choose "small data packages"? Because I don't have "instructions" anywhere. I think its called "data packages" now. Or do we talk about different things?
Also: do I need to run AVX for stability test or not?
Data packages is right yes. AVX isn’t really needed unless you plan to run a program that uses them on your CPU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Question. Did you 'follow' the guide or did you 'copy' the guide, there's a difference. Every cpu is different, what works for one does not mean will work for all. Only the 'Theory' works. The exact numbers may not. So it's fine to bump the turbo to locked core 5.0GHz, but setting an exact 1.275v, with an exact LLC etc may not work so well if your cpu needs 1.278v at that LLC setting. Or you might get lucky and only need 1.208v instead.

You will need to adjust something, somewhere, tailor your OC to your cpu, because copy doesn't work.

Solution